Help with my tripod!

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so it's probably not too big of a deal but I have a manfrotto 190xprob and I went to the mountains of NC,KY, and TN for the summer and had my tripod in a variety of situations from being in riversto being up in the hills on trails and now for some reason it's hard to move one of the legs like change the angle of the legs. If it means anything it's the leg without the hand warmer but it's pretty hard to bring out especially compared to the others. Is there anything I can do about it? Thanks
Tj

Last edited:
If it was in the rain, it might have some rust in there. I'm sure that could be fixed with a trip to a hardware store. Get some oil and anti-rust formula.

It wasn't really in the rain idk why i wrote that just deep in rivers such as the cumberland river haha.

Well, it still looks like you had it in some rough conditions. If you don't think it's rust, just lube it up and that itself might fix it.

Btw, I'm looking at shots from said trip and they are stunning! :thumbup:

Thank you very much! Ya i'll try to lube it and see how that goes but i did loose the little plastic adjuster screw thing that came with the tripod when i lost my other camera bag :(
TJ

Thank you very much! Ya i'll try to lube it and see how that goes but i did loose the little plastic adjuster screw thing that came with the tripod when i lost my other camera bag :(
TJ

That's just a standard hex key, available at any hardware store and most dollar stores. As far as the sticky leg, agree with the others, a bit a thin lubricant should clear it up. Happens to me quite often. Turn it upside down, give a squirt of WD-40 around the leg joint(s) in question and let it sink down. Should be fine after a little while.

Most reactions

Back