Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ooook...I just ran my AVG Anti-virus free edition...and it found viruses. :confused: I was able to go directly to a few of the files and delete them from my computer..the others say thay are "archived" and I can't find any way to get rid of them. What do I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hEEEEEEEEELP!

Use the clean setting? I had the same problem and I couldnt get rid of them, instead of letting it find them for you, run the system scan tool and delete every infected file...

is this on your new dell corry? if so, why arent you using nortons or mcafee? something that will intercept before they get into your drives?

md

Artemis said:
Use the clean setting? I had the same problem and I couldnt get rid of them, instead of letting it find them for you, run the system scan tool and delete every infected file...

Clean setting? I have no idea what you are talking about. I ran the system scan, and it won't let me delete them...that is why I am asking for help.

MDowdey said:
is this on your new dell corry? if so, why arent you using nortons or mcafee? something that will intercept before they get into your drives?

md

I was under the impression that AVG would do that, that is why I did not have something else.

Can anyone help me?

well AVG is good...so try using the thing that has a medical like sign on it...if not move the files to the virus vault...all this should be in the options...

Artemis, as I said in my first description. It lists them as being archived files, and you cannot remove them the way you would remove a normal one. Those options are not there for me. I cannot move them to the vault. There were a few that allowed me those options, and I got rid of them, these will not.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the infected archived files through AVG?

If not...there is one other option...

Option AVG, then go to Test center, and then go disk rescue.

This will attack the files in Doss mode, thus Windows wont protect the files.....I think anyways
Have a look at it, its your best bet :)

Digital Matt said:
Avg is as good or better than Norton.

Go to the virus vault Corry, and select the files, then "wipe" them.

I can't move them to the vault. They are archived files, so it will not let me do that.

What do you mean by archived files? If you have system restore turned on in Windows, turn it off. It's a common place for viruses to infect.

As Orie said, write down the files names and find them in windows explorer. Do a search, through the start menu, find files and folders. Type in the file names, and when you've found them, assuming they aren't OS critical files, highlight them, hold shift, and hit delete on the keyboard. This will bypass the recycle bin and delete them directly.

Most reactions

Back