Help with Pentax K100D

Stacey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have the 18-55mm kit lens as well as a Sigma DG 28-70mm lens. When I use the Sigma lens on the camera I am unable to use the Fn button ( to change pictures modes: snow, pets, kids, etc) does anyone know why this is? When I use the kit lens, I can choose the modes, just not w/my Sigma.

Also, with my Sigma (which is the lens I prefer) whichever setting I have it set on, occasionally when I press the shutter button, I can hear the camera click and it is almost like it doesn't take the picture. The camera makes a small mechanical noise the entire time it is "taking the picture". I have to turn the entire camera off just to make it stop. It is almost like taking a picture in low light and the shutter is staying open longer. (at least that is what it reminds me of) There is nothing wrong with the camera so I don't know why it would do this. It doesn't do this all the time but when it does, it is very irritating. Of course, this could be something I am doing wrong - I wouldn't be surprised if it was! But I would just like to know.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

I have the 18-55mm kit lens as well as a Sigma DG 28-70mm lens. When I use the Sigma lens on the camera I am unable to use the Fn button ( to change pictures modes: snow, pets, kids, etc) does anyone know why this is? When I use the kit lens, I can choose the modes, just not w/my Sigma.

Also, with my Sigma (which is the lens I prefer) whichever setting I have it set on, occasionally when I press the shutter button, I can hear the camera click and it is almost like it doesn't take the picture. The camera makes a small mechanical noise the entire time it is "taking the picture". I have to turn the entire camera off just to make it stop. It is almost like taking a picture in low light and the shutter is staying open longer. (at least that is what it reminds me of) There is nothing wrong with the camera so I don't know why it would do this. It doesn't do this all the time but when it does, it is very irritating. Of course, this could be something I am doing wrong - I wouldn't be surprised if it was! But I would just like to know.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Sorry I replied your other thread and did not see this. You need to ask the store where you bought from for him to explain. If it is under warranty and it is faulty they will replace it or give you refund.

Maybe any pentax or sigma lens owner can help too. I am sorry for all your trouble, I hope it is normal glitch.

Does the Sigma have an Aperture ring? and if so is there an "A" setting on it? If there is, make sure the aperture ring is set to A, and try it then. If there is NOT an "A" setting on the aperture ring, you will have to go to the custom menu, and look for "using aperture ring" and set it to allowed.

Stratman-

I do have it set to allowed b/c there is no A on the ring....I'm not quite sure what the problem is with it...it doesn't happen all the time but when it does it is very irritating. Unfortunately, I can't take it back to a store b/c I bought it new off of ebay! It doesn't seem like anyone else has had this problem so I may just take it to a camera store and have them look at it...I just hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg! :(

What mode are you in when this happens? Any mode? have you tried using this lens in "M" mode? when you do that, you use the "AE-L" button to meter, set your aperture, then hit the AE-L button, and the camera will set the correct shutter speed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back