Help with photographing a party.

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friend's sister wants me to attend her 21st on saturday night and take photos. I am not exactly sure what she wants photos of - and if i am supposed to be just taking photos of people - or if they are going to come to me to have photos taken... etc...

I am very nervous about this, because i have never actually taken photos before for the main purpose of taking them because someone wants me to. If you get what I mean. I usually just take photos for personal use...

She wants me to take photos on her camera (which I assume is a point and shoot 35mm camera)... I am also not sure about that - because I am obviously not familiar with the camera. But on the other hand - I am not really all too familiar with my SLR - because i only got it a couple of months ago. (but have run probably close to 20 films through it).

The party will be at night and outside.

Any suggestions on things like film? Or what to do in the case of the camera?

Let me know if you can give me any tips on what to do...

Thanks
- Alecia

You need to talk with your sister about why her camera over yours?
And what shots she expecting you to get.

How’s the lighting at the location? Do you have a good flash for your SLR?
I person like Kodak VC160 or UC160 but any major manufacture’s films will work fine.
If she what you to use her point & shoot I would go with a 200 speed film.

Don’t too good of job or you will get asked every time. I have a birthday to shot in two weeks myself.

Thanks for that. I think she might be getting fuji 400 - as i think 400 will be best - because I don't think there will be great lighting there... My flash is just the onboard flash on my camera - i think the range is around 5 meters. It does have red-eye - and I actually took some photos of my cousin's 3rd birthday last week which were at night - and they turned out good. I just have to make sure i dont bump the flash and make it go back down.

I have sent my friend a message - with a few questions - such as the sort of photos they want taken (portrait, snap shots, candids, etc.) but she said she doesnt know and will check with her sister when she gets home...

I am not getting anything out of this - so i am gonna not worry about it - if worst comes to worst - the photos won't all work out - and they aren't paying to begin with so they can't complain...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back