help with photoshop 5.0

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by phototron, Dec 10, 2006.

1. phototron

phototron TPF Noob!

Any help would be appreciated . I'm not too familiar with photoshop and not sure if I can even do what I'm asking .If you can help,, please know I don't know my way around much . So step by step would help .
    Question is ..I have two small jpg thumbs that I would like to combine as one jpg image ,I have resized so the are the same height . Unfortunely I only have photoshop 5.0 and xp paint .

. I'm making a biz logo .

Is this doable ? to stitch two photos into one ? I also don,t have a scanner ,,that would be one way ...
    thanks already ron

2. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    How do you mean combine them as one image? One on top of the other, merging parts of one with the other, or the two of them side by side in one image?

3. phototron

phototron TPF Noob!

Side by side ..Thanks much !

4. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Easy. Open one of the images. Go to image/canvas size, and increase the width by the width in pixels of the other image. There are little boxes with arrows which denote which way Photoshop will add the pixels. It's probably set to add to each side by default. Set it to move to one side or the other. Then click ok. Open the second image, select all, copy, and then paste into the other document. Using the move tool, move it flush with the edge and voila.

5. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Adobe needs to look at an old program called Picture Publisher from Micrografx. It has a stitch function that is powerful and truly easy. I don't know why they haven't added something like it to PS. I keep Picture Publisher around just for that stitch function which I use every day. Doing it in Photoshop would drive me nuts.

6. Philip Weir

Philip Weir TPF Noob!

Sydney, Australia. The land of peace and sunshine.
    The other simple method is in picture package, though I don't know whether it's in Photoshop 5. Go to [file] [automate] [picture package] and set your requirements. Though I normally go Digital Matts way so I don't have to resize images first, I can adjust later. Good luck