help with photshop

\X01A4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was'nt to sure on where to post this, but i was wondering if anyone could suggest a website or a book that i could pick up, im just starting to use photoshop im using cs1 ,
any help im gratefull for , thanks

~\x01a4

Probably not the best spot to post this - but a mod will be by shortly.
My suggestion would just be to play.
Open it up and play. I wouldn't do anything with layers if you're just starting out.
Go to Google and type in Beginner Photoshop Tutorials. Hundreds of websites will come up.

I don't think there's any reason to spend money on a book, there's already so much great stuff on the net. Whenever I find a good tutorial, I just save it in a Word document.

ok ill try that, im not one to buy stuff so evan if someone recomended a book id proably try to find a e-book

People sell books on Amazon second hand if you don't want to pay the price of new ones.

I am horrified how much half inch thick computer manuals cost. In Borders (British Media shop, books music etc) a half inch thick manual on HTML coding costs £59.
For a book?
lol

Scott Kelby writes the best Photoshop books imho, and has some that are geared towards the digital photographer. It's always a good idea to just type "photoshop tutorials" into google.

Here's a site I found that has heaps of Photoshop Tutorials (over 8000 actually so that should keep you pretty busy)
http://www.good-tutorials.com/

Some of the links are dead but there's so much stuff here you're bound to get some ideas. Just don't get distracted everytime you go there like happens to me.

Most reactions

Back