help with portraitlighting

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Rickyticky, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Rickyticky

Rickyticky TPF Noob!

Need help with this one,
    went over it in photoshop, made look more like a "high-key" and added some grain to it to simulte high iso film.

I like the pic outcome of it but not the lighting, i want to separate the modell from the background and have some more contrast without having to do it in photoshop.

http://www.fotosidan.se/gallery/viewpic.htm/743208.htm

It was shot with 2 shoot-throuh umbrella with one 500W light at each umbrella, aprox 1m and 1,5 m from modell in a 45 degree angle.

Need help with "more interesting" lighting,
    I have 4 "on-camera" flashes with radio-triggers and 2 white semi-transparent umbrellas, 1 silver/black umbrella and a softbox 70*90cm

comments and hint are welcome, good or bad

/Ricky

2. ladyphotog

ladyphotog TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Your lighting is very flat even for highkey. Use a more contrasty lighting setup and you will like the results better. Also it is very hard to do highkey with a person that has light hair andyou really need to do it in camera, it never looks right doing it in PS.

[​IMG]

3. dgs

dgs TPF Noob!

The second shot in the gallery is quite appealing. If the posted picture was lit in a similar manner, I'm guessing a photoshop conversion to a high key look is gonna be pretty tough to pull off.

Your model is lovely. Doing a reshoot shouldn't be overly unpleasant for you <g>