help with RAW

Yes, a simple sandisk one. I use one that's for CF only. 20 bucks
http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Ite...Disk_ImageMate_CompactFlash_ReaderWriter.aspx

BTW- It has a one button feature. I didn't install the software for this. I just plugged it in and navigated to the appropriate folder and drag them over. Windows installs the drivers automatically, Your MAC may as well.

I mostly open DPP and navigate to this folder so I can click and drag the ones I want. I can't view the raw in the folder without DPP ( u may not be able to either) . The OS doesn't recognize it.

Are you new to DPP?

thanks! I'll get the sandisk tomorrow.

I was able to transfer the images from the viewer and now I can see them on DPP. If you're getting sick of me you don't have to answer and you can ignore me. I'll pretend you went offline.

At any rate, I thought if I double clicked on an image that would pull up a raw editing tool, alas, it didn't....

I dont mind helping you at all. I missed your last post. PM me if you need to

It actually does. Right click the image and you'll see the tool pallet. The easiest way is to highlight the ones you want then click on edit image icon at the top left. Under view you can toggle the tool Pallete and thumbnail view on and off with the buttons at the top. Crop tool is under "tools" start trimming tool. Finally you can do a batch convert to JPG when you're done by clicking the Batch button on the fat right. You can resize is this window as well before you convert.

A great freeware program that lets you upload raw. and CC your photos is Picasa. It's a great program. I use it to keep all my pics organized,CC and emailing is super fast with it.

Most reactions

Back