Help with school portraits

zapman29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for ideas or recommendations for a backdrop for school portraits. I currently will be using a two flashbox setup.. I have three back drops white, black and grey tyedye... I was wondering if any of these would be ok or if you have any quick home remdies. I am doing this a a favor for a local school of about a 30 kids age 6-14.. I figured the grey would be ok but if you have any ideas that might work i would appreciate. thanks

Jake

I would say blue is probably the most used color for this age group when it comes to school pictures. Not saying what you have wont work .. just saying that's what is commonly used.

Choose any solid color (hell green) and, depending on your photoshop skills, tell them they can have ANY background their little hearts desire.

What Mike said... that is what I would do, however, be aware that a gelled battery powered flash is going to need to be cranked up to about 1/2 power and if you have 2000 kids to do, you'd better have 5-8 freshly charged sets of batteries for that strobe alone.

thankks for the help... i dont knwo what you mean by gelling the background... i will research.. and find out.. my light setup uses plain old power that i pulg into... and i have about 36 kids and a dozen faculty...

we will see...
thanks

Go with gray and gel your background flash to which ever color they would like.

If I gel the back ground am I doing it from the front or behind? Never worked with gels. i do have an atachment on one of my lights for gels along with 4 colors. Though I am only working with a 2 light softbox set up that would put me with only one soft box on the subject. do you think that would be enough light? there will only be single subject per photo...

I wouldn't go without three lights. But if that's what you have, then I suggest a canvas or muslin background with medium-depth tones. I would position the subject far enough from the background as not to cause a shadow, yet close enough so some of the fill light falls on it.

-Pete

I wouldn't go without three lights. But if that's what you have, then I suggest a canvas or muslin background with medium-depth tones. I would position the subject far enough from the background as not to cause a shadow, yet close enough so some of the fill light falls on it.

-Pete
thanks this is mor of a charity for me so I need to go with what i have I am not investing anything I dont have all ready..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back