help with slr

triciam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First of all, I'm new to this site and apologize if there is a thread addressing my problem. I am VERY MUCH an amateur, so I don't even know what to call my problem in order to search for it.

I wanted to start using my husband's SLR (1980s model). It is a Minolta XGA. I took one roll of photos. When I had them developed, each photo had half of the next photo in it....Sorry if this has a specific term, but like I said, I am a TOTAL amateur....I don't know if I loaded the film incorrectly...or if it could be something more.....Any help is appreciated.

there are some great film users here that will be able to answer this more, but it sounds to me like there is an issue with how your loading the film ... mind you i havent used a film camera in years.

Do you mean to say you had 1/2 of one pic and 1/2 of another and a narrow black line between them (clear on negative / dark on print)? If thats the case the processor messed up and you need to go back to them and let them know!!

Last edited:
The line in the middle of the photograph was dark.

The line in the middle of the photograph was dark.

Actually I typed that backwards. If there is a dark line in the print, the developer messed up your film. You need to go back, get a refund and complain. Someone should have noticed it! What it is they cut your negatives wrong.

Thanks ! Being that I was such a beginner, I didn't think it was THEM ! Also, I'm going to dig those photos out.....seems like some of them didn't come out at all....which, I just thought it was me....

Thanks ! Being that I was such a beginner, I didn't think it was THEM ! Also, I'm going to dig those photos out.....seems like some of them didn't come out at all....which, I just thought it was me....
Unfortunately the bad photo quality could be impropper use of camera. Just due to them cutting negatives wrong is no indication of impropper developing. The person loading the envelopes should have noticed the prints though.

BTW

Welcome to TPF

They were developed at a camera shop....so I just assumed it was my mistake...but yeah, you'd think they would have said something. Anyway, I'm going to try it again and see what happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back