help with SONY W50

eeeboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey , I am a newbe on Photography world and in this forum ;)

I have just bought a SONY CyberShot W50 cam. Since I have no idea about photography at all , I need your cordial assistance to learn photography.

Please give me some beginner tips to learn photography ( and obviously applicable to W50)

Thanks in Advance.

regards

eeeboy

Shoot loads. Enjoy it. read a bit. look in magazines. use this forum. shoot loads more, and Enjoy it.
try to see something a little less ordinary in what you see. try shooting from different angles, or into the light, learn which colours work together and which don't.
and don't forget to shoot loads, and to enjoy it.

Shoot loads. Enjoy it...

I'm noticing a theme in your reply... though I can't QUITE put my finger on it. :lol:

My camera specific advice would be to use the P mode just for learning until you're more comfortable. This camera doesn't let you change Aperture and Shutter Speed but you should be able to get at the focus distance, metering, WB, etc using the Program mode. Once you're comfortable with those settings start researching the Aperture and Shutter Speed (although you're not able to directly adjust them with this camera it can't hurt to have an understanding).

If you're a COMPLETE newb you should read almost every post in this forum and check out a ton of library books. Look for rules on composition, color, lighting, etc... understanding those will really help to improve your shots.

Here's a review of your cam that might also provide some useful info.

Lastly, once you're more comfortable with the cam you should check out some of the accessories. Your cam lets you attach filters so a polarizer, ND filter, etc will also let you do more with the cam.

So I'm just too subtle for you am I?.....:wav:

:lol: it is a great point though. As a beginner I'm sure you can notice a huge improvement in photo quality simply taking 3 seconds before pressing the shutter to analyze the schene.

Thanks Everyone :)

I am on your prescription and trying to read as much as possible in this forum.

Right now , I am facing a common problem and that is red eye. How to remove it ?

Red eye is caused by the flash being too close to the lens. So with that type of camera you really can't remove it unless you do it in post-process (ie. Photoshop it out).

The camera probably includes a Red Eye Reduction mode in which case it'll fire the flash a few times before exposing the shot but that just closes the subject's iris, making the pupil smaller and making "red" smaller.

Without an off camera flash you can only remove it with software.

The W50 does have a Red Eye Reduction, heres how to get it on. On the wheel, with the P, ISO, Green Camera etc. go to Auto Adjustment (Green Camera) setting, then press the Menu button on the actual camera, then click along on the on screen bar until you get to 'Setup ->'. Press the right button to get into the setup and press it again to go onto the camera settings. Keep on pressing down until you get to 'Red Eye Reduction', then right click again then choose to set it on or off.
Personally, the reduction works for me, and I hope this helps!

Blair

Most reactions

Back