Help with surf photography please??

aromero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey I'm just getting into surf photography and I'm doing just fine with a P&S but I'm looking for a little bit more now. Can anyone help? Im looking in to the Nikon D40

Go to a camera store and feel out the D40. I don't like the D40 simply becuase it only works with AF-I and AF-S lenses, meaning that if you get additional lenses, you really have to be careful becuase you can't just go and buy any AF lens like you can with every other Nikon AF body.

You might want to go with a camera that's bigger and will work with almost any Nikon lens like a D50.

All Nikon AF lenses are compatible with the D40, but only AF-I and AF-S lenses will autofocus. The other lenses simply have to be focused manually.

Mad_Gnome said:
All Nikon AF lenses are compatible with the D40, but only AF-I and AF-S lenses will autofocus. The other lenses simply have to be focused manually.
That's what I meant, but not having AF on an AF body would really be a pain in the butt.

Manually focusing is something I do fairly regularly (on an AF body) and it doesn't really bother me at all. I may be the exception to the rule, however. I just know that AF is quite often unreliable in the conditions in which I shoot.

Most reactions

Back