Help with the AF in my D40 PLEASE!

theadamsociety

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,

I don't know if I messed with something I shouldn't have or what, but for some reason only my left AF point works.. :lol:.. except not really thatt funny.
I'd like the camera to respond to what I'm pointing at, I'm assuming that it's a few clicks away, and I hope I'm right!

Could anyone be of assistance?

Thanks for the time

Adam

First off is the lens compatable with the D40 autofocus system? second what focus mode are you using?

Hey, thanks for the quick response! wow.

This happens with my Nikkor 18-55 Kit lens, and my Nikkor 55-200 DX
In AF-S and AF-C.

So its not a lens issue. See what focus mode the camera is set to though. Not if its on continuous or single but whether its on closest subject, manual selection or one of the other ofcusing otions. (Im sorry but I dont know the names off hand of the focusing modes, I always keep my D200 where I choose what to focus on not the camera). I have a feeling you're on closest subject. If not then it looks like its time to bring the camera in to be looked at by Nikon. Unfortunatly if you do have to send it back to nikon for repair say goodbye to your camera for at least a month. I sent in an Sb600 and it took a little over 8 weeks to get it back. I was told Nikon ran out of the parts they needed to fix it.

No, definitely on dynamic, not closet subject.
If anyone else has a suggestion please share!

Push the info button below the shutter button, then look at the bottom left of the LCD. You should see something that resembles your focus areas. Click the right arrow to bring it to the center.

Thank you! I figured it was something simple.

Yep, I actually just bought the camera the other day and realized when I was pushing all of the buttons to figure out their functions that it moved around the focus areas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back