Help with the Forum

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, first my standard caveat: I couldn't find a place to ask technical questions about the forum, so I leave it to our leaders to move this to the right forum.

When I'm sitting bored to tears at work, I go to the Forum, of course (that's whyt I'm racking up posting points so quickly). Anyway, the point is that I'll start at the newest message and keep clicking the previous message link at the bottom to scroll through.

Now, let's say I'm 10 threads in and I want to comment on the awesome picture a Forumite has posted, I click on the "post comment" link and write what I have to say and click the submit button. Well, here's the problem, because it is now the newest thread again, it jumps to the top and I have to scroll through the first 9 that I've already read.

I'm sure that there must be a setting or something that will keep everything in order so if I comments on a thread, I won't have to go through the ones I've just looked at.

Can someone help please??

i think you can change the order they appear in your control panel...

*EDIT* just checked, if you go to control panel then to edit options, there is an option for "thread display mode" (about halfway down the page). Change it to 'Linear Newest First'.

Is this what you mean?

Well, it appears that there are limitations on the forum.

But, fear not my fellow Forumites. I have created the Jo Cose work-around. Here's how I have solved my problem.

I go to the first thread in a given forum, then I click the "Previous Thread" link until I come across a thread I want to contribute to. I then right click (or command click when I'm home on my Mac) and open the link in a new window. This takes me to the next previous thread in the new window. I return to the old window and write my post. Once I'm done, I close that window and continue on in the newly opened window.

While this works great for the Forum, Hobbes, I would not recommend right clicking on girls...it can be a bit of a problem.

jocose said:
Well, it appears that there are limitations on the forum.

But, fear not my fellow Forumites. I have created the Jo Cose work-around. Here's how I have solved my problem.

I go to the first thread in a given forum, then I click the "Previous Thread" link until I come across a thread I want to contribute to. I then right click (or command click when I'm home on my Mac) and open the link in a new window. This takes me to the next previous thread in the new window. I return to the old window and write my post. Once I'm done, I close that window and continue on in the newly opened window.

While this works great for the Forum, Hobbes, I would not recommend right clicking on girls...it can be a bit of a problem.

That is a good way to do it too.

Thaaat's been my problem all this time... I was starting to get a complex. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back