vesko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of the tall buildings at Surfers’ Paradise on the Gold Coast

Sunset f5.6 1/13s 85mm (17-85) ISO400

Sunset6.jpg

Is there any way (with PS) to reduce the grainy look of this image. Also I’ve heard there is a separate program for that?

Now I’m convinced ISO400 will always give you grain, or am I wrong? Could I have done something better?

Thanks

Sorry mate, can't help with the grain, I've got the same problem. However I do really like the shot. It's like like a building in the heavens, or high up in a city of clouds (star wars anyone?).

Sorry mate, can't help with the grain, I've got the same problem. However I do really like the shot. It's like like a building in the heavens, or high up in a city of clouds (star wars anyone?).

Nice reference!

I like the shot also, very nice capture. I think Noise Ninja also works on this, but I may be wrong. (Someone else can correct me)

What camera are you using? Noisewear works pretty good but it costs. I purchased it last spring and hardly use it. It doesn't look that grainy here but it's small. I can shoot my 40d at 1200'ish and get hardly any grain at all. It just depends on your camera and exposure. Hope that helps!

400 will give you some grain......1600 will really put it on there.

i shoot @ 100 mostly. if you shoot in "lower light" situations you will probably need a tripod. ISO100 needs quite a bit of light for you to be able to get a high enough shutter speed to handhold.

also try some of the noise reduction progs that were posted above.

good luck.

btw- i don't really see that much grain, but then again my eyes are starting to go to hell

for this small amount of grain i'd just try the photoshop reduce grain filter. gets some good results sometimes.

NeatImage!

Noise Ninja is what I use.. personally though, I don't see a problem with your image...

Thanks guys!

I jumped on Neat Image (thanks EYEAM4ANARCHY) as it's free and am happy with the results

original

Sunset6.jpg

after Neat Image

Sunset7.jpg

It experimented with other images and it works well (not always), but I'll also try Noise Ninja. Still ISO100 or 200 would've been better.

Thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Back