Help with Universal Swivel Holder

danman281

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Adorama-Universal-Swivel-Holder-4117/dp/B0011FWQPA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1227733849&sr=8-1[/ame]

Hey guys. I bought a Westcott 750 Photo Basics 7.5-Foot Light Stand with a 1/4'' male end. I also bought a Universal Swivel Holder from Adorama with a 3/8'' female end. None of them came with instructions!!! I have two problems.

1. The umbrella mount is located on the bottom elbow that doesn't swivel.
  2. It doesn't fit to the mount. The Product Descriptioneven says:
    ... adapters to fit 3/8" or 5/8" studs or 1/4-20 screw thread and will also hold an umbrella.
What do I do? Can the metal part come out so I can adjust it? It didn't come with any "adapter" either

I've seen a few times that these end up with the shoe mount on the wrong end...some come that way and some people just install them wrong. You should be able detach it and install it on the other end.

Can you take off or switch the 1/4" end on your light stand? The swivel adapter should fit over a 5/8 stud on top of the light stand.

There are adapters for 5/8, 3/8, 1/4 etc...so if you don't have what you need, it's a fairly cheap part.

Ahh Thanks Mike. I didn't know that the metal parts comes off. You have to pull it pretty hard for it to come out and it didn't come with any instructions. I basically pulled them both out, and switched them around so now everything should fit perfectly.
Thanks again!

I've seen a few times that these end up with the shoe mount on the wrong end...some come that way and some people just install them wrong. You should be able detach it and install it on the other end.

Can you take off or switch the 1/4" end on your light stand? The swivel adapter should fit over a 5/8 stud on top of the light stand.

There are adapters for 5/8, 3/8, 1/4 etc...so if you don't have what you need, it's a fairly cheap part.

I haven't had one yet that wasn't backward.

I just watched a video on this like an hour ago and cant find the link now. It was on an earlier post though, hope some one else sees this and can link it.

Yea that video is very helpful. I got it figured out. thx!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back