Help!!!

Bthornton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorthorntonphotography.com
A job just fell in my lap and I have to give a price later today. I have taken senior portraits, wedding portraits, family portraits for a woman and now she wants me to "take marketing photos for the company she works for". I'm thinking, ok some small mom and pop company needs a little ad work. I get the name of the company and look it up and it's HUGE with offices all over the world and it's US headquarters is local. They want portraits as well as candids of employees, building shots and a bit of product shots. I have no idea what to charge. I don't want to over charge and not get the job but I don't want to undercharge.
I have done a lot of catalog, web, marketing photography but for smaller local companies. I know the price will be a lot different but really don't have a starting point
I have to meet with the VP later today!
Any tips?

I don't have any idea of price for you (sorry) but I will say that it depends on the use they want the images for.

Are they going to publish the images? Are they for an ad campaign or web site? Are they going to be used for inside or outside the company?

You should have a contract which specifies the allowed usage and the length of time etc.

I don't have any idea of price for you (sorry) but I will say that it depends on the use they want the images for.

Are they going to publish the images? Are they for an ad campaign or web site? Are they going to be used for inside or outside the company?

You should have a contract which specifies the allowed usage and the length of time etc.

Yes they are going to publish the images, yes they are for sales and marketing, yes they will be on the website as well. I have the contract because I use it with smaller companies. It looks like if I get this first job I would get a lot of work from them. (product photography as well as press release work) I'm thinking going in with a LITTLE lower price than what I think is the going rate in the area so once I'm in I will get a lot of work. I would tell them up front that I would be doing at a reduced price for first shoot but now I'm trying to think of a way to word that with a good spin to get the account but let them know price will go up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back