1. Uselessdreamer1

Uselessdreamer1 TPF Noob!

Ive always been intrigued by the art of photography. So figured lately that i would try, only one problem... what to buy? Im on a low budget, and i think im going to get a film instead of digital, due to price and if im not comitted enough. What do you suggest or what did you start with? Pros and cons if u will. Thanks you.

Cody.

2. DocFrankenstein

DocFrankenstein Clinically Insane?

How much $$ do u have for the camera?
    What do you wanna shoot?

3. Uselessdreamer1

Uselessdreamer1 TPF Noob!

i would be shooting everything. nothing in particular. price range... prolly under $200. try best for price. low money please.

4. Dwain

Dwain TPF Noob!

Do you have a computer or access to a darkroom? Taking the photo is just the first step. Editing and printing force you to analyze your work and see exactly where you need to improve. The automatic photolabs will correct a lot of exposure problems and you won't even know you were off by up to 2 stops. Buy a used digital camera so you can see your images and make adjustments. Digital is great for learning. The cost per photo is free unless you print them and then it's the same price as printing from film but you don't have to buy any more film or pay for any processing and you only print the ones you want. Even if you don't have computer, you can take the digital media to any of the Kiosk and do some editing, cropping and have the images burned to a CD for future printing.

You should be able to get a nice used digital camera for $200. Look for one with a hot shoe for an external flash. Also, check if there are attachment lenses available for the camera. This will give you some options.

5. Walt

Walt TPF Noob!