help?

bblaine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What CD-r's do you guys use? Alot of people have been complaining that my cd-r's are not working in their computer...

You're most likely burning them incorrectly, then. Do you double check that they're readable after you burn them?

For my own storage I use archival gold cd's and dvd's whenever possible.

i check, and it isn't with everyone just 3 or 4 people

bb, I started having this problem with my old laptop once I had had it for a little while. I think if you do a lot of burning it can eventually wear out a little and not perform as well. Perhaps you should have someone check your burner?

ETA: And to answer your question, I normally use lightscribe dvds for clients because I like being able to etch their pic on it.

It's usually to do with multiple factors usually involving the drives. For instance my cheap DVD burner makes TDKs unreadable in both my car CD player and my sister's laptop though it works fine upstairs, and passes the verify check in nero.

Burning with dad's older plextor drive the TDKs work fine everywhere.

I've since switched to Sony discs which seem to do the job much better. Not sure if the other drives are happier reading them or my drive is happier writing to them.

It's usually to do with multiple factors usually involving the drives. For instance my cheap DVD burner makes TDKs unreadable in both my car CD player and my sister's laptop though it works fine upstairs, and passes the verify check in nero.

Burning with dad's older plextor drive the TDKs work fine everywhere.

I've since switched to Sony discs which seem to do the job much better. Not sure if the other drives are happier reading them or my drive is happier writing to them.

My situation is similar to this. Nothing burned onto Memorex worked well for me, so I switched to Sony also.

are you buring in Vista? because when I format the disks there are two optiosn - one is a light format (and default) which allows you to just drag and drop the files into the disk - this mode might not work with windows versions which are not vista.
The other is master which is where the disk should work on any computer
This is the case for DVDs - I am unsure if it will also apply to CD writing

Most reactions

Back