Help...

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by amkphotography, Jun 21, 2008.

1. amkphotography

amkphotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum, my apologies if it's not. I will quite possibly be doing maternity shots for someone, and I was just wondering if anyone could give me tips as I've never done this before.

I can possibly borrow some of my brother's work lights, for lighting. But what kind of poses and such would be good? I am thinking of including the lady's daughter, I'm not sure how old but probably around 3 or 4. Also, my friend is pregnant and since she wants to be bigger for the shots, I thought I'd try some practice shots on her -- if at all possible -- and any suggestions would help greatly.

Thanks!

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Jump into the Professional Gallery subforum. Maternity shots are posted there quite regularly and you'll find no end of great posing examples.

3. ~Stella~

~Stella~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Having the preschooler hugging the belly or giving it a kiss would be sweet. I'm sure you can find examples in the pro forum, as suggested.

Do everything in your power to make her look glowing and graceful rather than just awkward and huge. Flowing rather than clingy fabrics, soft lighting, etc. Good luck!