help!!

lessthan3.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im not sure if this is the right place for this, BUT..

i was out shooting tonite. i was shooting in RAW, and when i cam home to upload the photos onto my computer it says that it cant read the format? alot of them turned out really well and i would like to get them on here if anyone knows a way to :)

anyone know what i may be doing wrong?

Have you been able to view RAW images on your computer before? I suspect that this is simply a case of your computer not having a program assigned to view RAW images; if you're using PSP, of CS, then right-click on an image, and select 'Open with' and the scroll down to your favorite image editing application. There is also a RAW codec you can get from the MS website which will allow you to view them in the Windows Image and Fax Viewer.

yea, i did the 'open with' thing and tried to change it to a couple different ones and none of them worked. :thumbdown:

also, im not super good with computers, is there a link to the RAW codec you could send me?

ill give you a million cool points for it :p

Raw files are designed by the camera manufacturer. At some point, editing programs will include the necessary information for reading the raw files. I'm sure your camera came with a software program for editing and it will let you see your raw files. The codec is for Windows Vista only, I believe.

What camera and what computer operating system are you using?

Most reactions

Back