Help!

Miranda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought the Nikon D90 with the Nikon SB-900 was this a good purchase?

Realy why what should I have gotten? I was looking at the D200

OMG that scared the crap out of me I thought I bought a bad camera. I got the Nikon AF-S DX 18-105mm lens - optical zoom: 5.8 x

Oh, the lens (18-105) is bad (not joking) :(
Overpriced and soft.

The 18-55 VR is sharper and much less expensive. The 18-200 VR has far more range and is more durable.

The D40 body is fine and the SB-900 is a simply awesome flash.

I bought the Nikon D90 with the Nikon SB-900 was this a good purchase?

Uhh.... Probably not considering that you just dropped close to 2 grand and don't know.

I'm sorry, but that's pretty...uh...:???:

Well I need help then don't pick on me.jhees. I want to know if I go back and get the D200 with the Tamron 18-200mm will that be better?

Bwahaha never mind. I'm going to keep the D90 and buy the Tamron 18-200mm lens and return the 18-105. Now with my Nikon SB-900 can anyone tell me how to bounce the flash? I need a diffuser right?

Just point the flash at a bright wall, no plastic caps needed.

I can understand some people are pretty shocked if someone spends a hell lot of money first, and then asks if it was a good idea to do so ;)

But was has been done has been done.

Sorry, I cannot judge that camera.

er...the D90 is a great camera. ESPECIALLY, for an enthusiastic beginner. It's going to be a LOT of camera for you probably for a while. PLUS, you have the advantage of video on it (wish my D300 had this feature).

Did the 18-105mm lens come WITH your D90 (as in a kit?)? Or did you buy the lens separately? I'm assuming that the lens came with your D90, and if that's correct, I'm wondering if they'll allow you to return a kit lens since it doesn't have a separate box and since it came with your camera.

Once you figure out how to use your camera, you're going to love it, most likely.

Yeah, in any field or hobby, it's always a bit of a shock to see someone new to it come up and say "Hey I just spend several thousand dollars on this! Now tell me what it is that I just bought?"

Just doesn't click with my personality I guess. It took me months to save up for my D40 kit, and I did MANY hours of research while I was saving. When I bought my D40, I could recite the specs by heart and practically had the users guide already memorized. To blindly throw money at something and then make it obvious that you don't really have any clue what you just bought kind of boggles my mind.

All that aside, yes I'm sure the D90 with Nikon's newest flash will be an excellent combo.

Yeah, in any field or hobby, it's always a bit of a shock to see someone new to it come up and say "Hey I just spend several thousand dollars on this! Now tell me what it is that I just bought?"

Sounds like me :p

Any how, I did the same thing a month or so ago--went out and bought a D90 and SB900.

Read the book for the SB900. For bouncing flash, aside from just pointing the flash at a wall or something, there is the bounce card slid into the end of the flash...just slide it out

Also the diffuser dome that came with it produces some nice results.

Now go play with the flash off-camera.

:wink:

I believe different people have different choice. As long as the person feel fine about the purchase, it will be fine.

A used car dealer once told me that they have a used Mercedes E class that is basically brand new. The owner bought it, driving it for couple weeks and do not like the way the center console look and feel .... so now it end up in their used car lot. My point is as long as the owner feel fine about it, I do not see any problem.

As for the Camera, it should be a great camera. I would just keep it and start learning how to use it. Once you are able to master it, you can then look for more options for your camera such as better lenses. As for a beginner, I think learn how to take a good picture is more important than getting the best equipment available.

Most reactions

Back