HELP

mpdc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Down%20Town%20062.jpg

I see that dot on all my outdoor photos. What is it? I thought lens flare, however it is in the same position on ever ooutdoor photo, and I took many different pics, at different times, and different angles?

looks like dust on the mirror or sensor. some of the folks around here have real good ways to clean them...

m
d

MDowdey said:
looks like dust on the mirror or sensor. some of the folks around here have real good ways to clean them...

m
d
PLease do tell.

ill give you the same advice that people have given me.

the eclipse cleaning system seems to work pretty good. i think you can find that at pro labs and stores. if not, maybe a website has it for sale.

and the most important piece of info...

IF YOU ARENT AN EXPERT AT CLEANING THE MIRROR OR SENSOR, DO NOT ATTEMPT IT YOURSELF. you can seriously F up things inside there.

md

MDowdey said:
ill give you the same advice that people have given me.

the eclipse cleaning system seems to work pretty good. i think you can find that at pro labs and stores. if not, maybe a website has it for sale.

and the most important piece of info...

IF YOU ARENT AN EXPERT AT CLEANING THE MIRROR OR SENSOR, DO NOT ATTEMPT IT YOURSELF. you can seriously F up things inside there.

md

AYE, so I can take the camera to one of those Ritz stores and they can clean it for me?

I had a something like that . I took it in to a local camera shop and they cleaned the mirror. All was good after that. It was just a piece of dust on the mirror.

THANKS for all the help REALLY!

hey, pm me; i've got the shop for ya. btw, where you been hiding?

For God's sake, don't pay someone to clean your camera for you. That's a little like paying someone to wipe your nose for you. Those services are for old people who can't do it themselves. Buy some cleaning solution and some cotton buds, take the lens off, and just clean the thing. It's your camera, don't be afraid of it. It's good for you to see the insides and know how it works. Just don't put anything weird in there, don't put any lubricant in there or anything and you'll be fine. Couldn't hurt to spray it out (gently) with some compressed air also.

omalley said:
For God's sake, don't pay someone to clean your camera for you. That's a little like paying someone to wipe your nose for you. Those services are for old people who can't do it themselves. Buy some cleaning solution and some cotton buds, take the lens off, and just clean the thing. It's your camera, don't be afraid of it. It's good for you to see the insides and know how it works. Just don't put anything weird in there, don't put any lubricant in there or anything and you'll be fine. Couldn't hurt to spray it out (gently) with some compressed air also.
HEY hold up now. I get a good price for my nose wiping service!

im going to politely disagree on the canned air tip.

but omalley is partially right, you can do this yourself if you are careful.

It won't hurt to clean it yourself, but DO NOT use compressed air like is used for cleaning PCs. The propellents used can easily leave a residew on the sensor. I assume you are useing a DSLR, if so you do not have to worry about dust on the mirrior at all, it won't show up in a photo because it is only used to take the image to the view finder. So it is most likley a small piece of dust on the sensor which is very easy to fix yourself. Read your manual, the camera should have a setting for cleaning the sensor which locks the mirrior up out of the way so you can get at the sensor which is hidden behind it. Try using a blower bulb (or what ever it is called) to gently blow the dust off. I have read that the eclipse system is very good, but I have allways solved this problem myself with the blower bulb I use to clean my lenses. Do read your manual, depending on the manufacturer they will give specific recommendations. Good luck.

Aye thanks. Mind you your talking to a cop, about using compressed air. Have you ever seen what we use to clean our guns?

mpdc said:
Aye thanks. Mind you your talking to a cop, about using compressed air. Have you ever seen what we use to clean our guns?

No, I have no idea what is used :scratch: , but if it dosen't contain a propellent like canned air you still have to watch out for lubricants. It should also be very gentel.

pursuer said:
No, I have no idea what is used :scratch: , but if it dosen't contain a propellent like canned air you still have to watch out for lubricants. It should also be very gentel.
Its not ummm gentel....

Most reactions

Back