HELP

MIZFIT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a question. A few years back I purchased a Mamiya NC1000 with three lenses. Initially it worked fine and then I had some sort of problem with it. Unfortunately, the guy at the camera store informed me that I would have to ship it to Japan for any kind of repairs. The problem was that the seals were burnt (we’re talking gummy mess). Just before I gave up on the camera my father found these foam squares (you put them on the bottom of things to keep them in place) so I carefully removed the old gummy seal with nail polish remover and slowly cut pieces and put them in place (it seems to have worked great!). My question is this, the glass mirror on the inside has a few small spots (I don’t know if they’ll have any effect on the photos) and I was always warned to “NEVER TOUCH THAT”...(I didn’t) but can I somehow carefully clean these off (q-tips)? I’ve already tried canned air and that only took off a bit of dust...

Thanks!
Addy

The mirror will in no way affect the film. It is only for viewing through the viewfinder. That's why everyone says not to touch it. You can clean it if you are very careful.

Definately don't use a q-tip. That'll scratch the hell out of the mirror. Best thing to do is use a blower bulb to blow off any large particles. Then use a microfibre like pec-pad with a few drops of ethanol alcohol (like eclipse) and wipe it clean. If you get eclipse, it comes with some sheets of pec-pad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back