Helping mom...

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so...My mom is a musician and I'm trying to help her get some photos for her new website. She told me she wants some portraits of her guitars outside in the grass--BUT--it's pouring rain lately so we're trying to get some shots inside. We tried to put together something...but I haven't got a clue what I'm doing :confused::blushing:

Here's a couple of the less-tragic shots (i think...:???:...)any guidance for lighting/set-up etc. would be grealy appreciated! I know they aren't the most creative of shots (I've seen some *amazing* guitar shots on here)...but you gotta start somewhere, right? :blushing:

dscf5860iz7.jpg

copyofdscf5877xh3.jpg

#3 (just here to show you what the set up is--3 different colored sheets)
copyofdscf5879xa0.jpg

dscf5833sp8.jpg

This is my first time ever trying to do anything like this...and I'm drawing a bit of a blank on what to do. I'm working down in her "studio"...which is in the basement of the house (see: no windows, no big lights).

I'm planning on giving it another go tomorrow...any constructive criticism or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :sillysmi:

The first one is good I think. I don't really like how the edge of the guitar is cut off in the second one. The cropping works well in the third one though I think, I like that one quite a bit. The fourth one is good, perhaps a little underexposed, but I think it looks good that way. I'm not sure exactly what your mom wants so it's tough for me to critique in that regard, but I like these shots.

Thanks Trenton_Romulox :sillysmi:

I guess I'm having a hard time deciding whether I like them or not because it's so different than what I usually do (candid shots of people and nature/landscapes...not that I'm a pro at either of those any way :p)

Of course my mom will like anything that comes out because...well...she's biased ;) But I'd like to come up with something good for her :)

#3 cropped more tighly might be interesting too as a detail shot then ... but the way parts of the guitars are cut at the moment is a bit painful to my eyes.

the last one is nice too I think, would look more professional (in music terms) if the mug was not there ... but that is just my humble opinion ... ;)

Most reactions

Back