Her Death Was So Silent

knowledge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took a few shots this weekend for a friend's band "Her death was so silent"

Let me know what you think - comments, critique, improvements are welcome! :)

I'm wondering if the contrast is too much and if I should try to keep more grey tones ?

4.jpg

8.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks,

Will

They look good to me... I like the first one... the back lit shot. Very unique looking shots. The only suggestion I COULD make would be to check the Levels in Photoshop and maybe pull out the white a little more but... I don't know if it'd improve it or not as those shots are pretty awesome as they are. Just something worth considering.

they are cool!
adding more grey to the first one would give it more depth. it kinda reminds me of the clash album "london calling." its cool anyways, but the first one needs a bit more shape but very cool angle ;)

Hair Bear said:
What sort of setting would you use to get a shots like those?

Well it was really low light. I was shooting with my Rebel XT (didnt wanna bust out the 30d in a crowd full of mosh pitters :) ) I used this lense: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=279582&is=USA&addedTroughType=search

Set it to F/4 and prayed. haha no really - basically I shot at f/4 and adjusted it to the fastes shutter speed I possibly could get. I was onstage when I took these so to achieve the silo shot, the stage lights hit him from "the front" of the stage and I was behind him where the drummer was.

Very nice, love the pics, as to the contrast if they wher myne I would as someone said pull the levels so to make it more contrasted, also since I´m thinking you went 1600 the full res photos must look awesome with the noise (not many photos look good with it but these kind look better, more gritty)

Yeah I used 1600 ISO. The full resolution images are pretty grainy, but like you said it looks pretty neat. Gonna send them off to the photolab and have a few printed this weekend

Most reactions

New Topics

Back