Here are my 5 best photos..Feedback please?

Efosa Osaghae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I consider these the five strongest photos I've taken so far.

IMG_3596-e1417160438333.jpg

IMG_4710-7.jpg

IMG_12761.jpg

IMG_12631.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

Just my opinion
#1 Very nice shot
#2 The dark pole/shadow above her shoulder is not good. Needed to move her to camera right, or you camera left. Otherwise would be a fine shot.
#3&4 decent snapshots.
#5 Actually maybe the best of the lot. Great emotion, the motion blur of the hand accentuates that emotion. Probably the most distinctive of the lot. If you can nail the emotions you have quite a future in photography in my opinion.

Your lighting on the portraits is quite nice.

C&C per req:

1. Very nice. A few minor nits: get rid of the overhead lights; they' way tooo bright and distracting, and make use of the clone stamp, patch healing and liquify tools to remove the small wrinkles in her dress. I would also do some selective exposure work on her hair and eyes to lessen the shadows a bit.

2. This one isn't really working for me. The background is very distracting, and the combination of square shoulders, profile head and raised right arm feels very awkward and uncomfortable to me.

3. A nice enough scene, but there's not a lot to really hold a viewer's interest. Shooting a 3-5 exposure series and blending to an HDR image would I think have allowed you to accentuate the clouds and sky a bit more as well a lighten up the foreground.

4. Again, not a lot to hold one's interest in the image. The walkway image right would make a great leading line if it were leading to something, say a jet & contrail in the sky, but as-is, I find it rather uninteresting (your sensor is a bit dusty).

5. I assume that this is a spur-of-the-moment capture? I wish you'd gone vertical here; the cropped bit of hair and the disembodied hand detract from an otherwise nice image.

Just my $00.02 - YMMV

~John

Looking at #1 again I have to agree with tirediron: their are hotspots on the forehead, nose and shoulder.

Thank you guys very much for the concise critique so far.

In regards to my portrait lighting, in none of the photos did I use anything other than what was at the location. We had the MUA hold up a reflector though.

In the first shot, it is the relatively strong floodlighting that the apartment complex uses.

But now that you guys mention the lighting, I will try and edit it down in Lightroom.

Last edited:
1. Out of focus. Eyes are soft. Love the shot, strongest of the lot except for the focus.
2) Holy grainy batman.Subject centered, landscape orientation. Try portrait orientation.
3&4 don't do much for me at all
5. Subject is placed centrally in frame for no apparent reason, also a landscape orientation for same reason. Try portrait (vertical) orientation. Nice spontaneous candid.

there are times to shoot portraiture in landscape mode and there are times NOT to. I would suggest using portrait mode unless the environment is an equal or balancing element you must have in the image. Centering subjects is usually not best. Learn all the rules and then learn when you can break them!

We had the MUA hold up a reflector

O.K., you hired a makeup artist for this session. I find that interesting.

How long have you been practicing the art of photography?

We had the MUA hold up a reflector

O.K., you hired a makeup artist for this session. I find that interesting.

How long have you been practicing the art of photography?

Well it wasn't a paid job for her. I said it's a collaboration. I wanted my test models to look even better so that's why I used one.

I've only read one book fully on photography, aside from that I've read articles here and there and watched B + H video seminars for the past 7 months on / off.

Got my first camera 6 months ago and only really started shooting people in the last 2 months.

What they^ said.
Saturation looks quite high on 1 & 2, altho it works well for two.
#5 has a magenta cast to it.

She is gorgeous and you are lucky to have a model this photogenic.

What they^ said.
Saturation looks quite high on 1 & 2, altho it works well for two.
#5 has a magenta cast to it.

She is gorgeous and you are lucky to have a model this photogenic.

Thank you.

Yeah, I keep telling her she can go far in the modelling world if she wanted to.

Most reactions

Back