Here is the whole reason why I got into Photography....

Wow! I really like the first! Great clouds! Never seen anything like that!

Fortunately for me... These types of clouds frequent my area (north eastern Colorado). However sometimes I have to drive aways to capture them. I put 220 miles on my car that wednesday just to get two good pictures :(. Partly that was my stupidity because I knew just by the way the morning looked that there were to be storms that evening but I didn't act on that knowledge until around 6. That only gave me about an hour and a half in good light to take pictures. And since these storms were quite away away... I wasted most of my time just driving to get to them
:(. Thanks for the comment

1 is something to be very proud of I believe.

I wasted most of my time just driving to get to them

I know how that is...I can't tell you how much time I've spent walking around the beaches on the central coast at around sunset, hoping for a good shot or two. What a waste of time.

Come to think of it, walking on the beach a lot isn't that bad of an experience, so what am I complaining about...:lol:

Chris these are fantastic photos. I love the clouds in #1 but the farm is really cool in #3.

Please be careful out there:
There were at least 5 tornados spotted (none that I saw:grumpy: )

I once thought that seeing a tornado would be cool until July 10, 1989 when an F4 hit the car dealership I was at. We were all in awe of the power of the weather until the top of a tree came through the windows. Needless to say I didn't buy the car that day. As a matter of fact every car on the lot was almost destroyed. So keep alert and keep safe and keep up the outstanding work.

Those 3 beasts in the sky on the first picture are insane!
#3 is very good also. Good job man.

I once thought that seeing a tornado would be cool until July 10, 1989 when an F4 hit the car dealership I was at. We were all in awe of the power of the weather until the top of a tree came through the windows. Needless to say I didn't buy the car that day. As a matter of fact every car on the lot was almost destroyed. So keep alert and keep safe and keep up the outstanding work.

F4!!! Wow... I have yet to see any tornados in all of my endevors. I have complete and utter respect for them for sure, and thank you for the warning. I have an advantage in the fact that most of the time I'm behind the storm, so there is real no danger because unlike the movie "Twister" tornados don't turn back on themselves. If they did they would lose all their energy because they have "used" up most of the warm humid air behind them. That same day another section of the storm hit a little town about 200 miles south of me. It was a mile wide F5 wedge tornado. Those poor people. There was massive damage done by it. I have friends that have spent a week down there helping cleaning up. I think there was 1000 people and 300 dump trucks that came to help them out. The town itself only has about 1000 people in it.

my jaw liteally dropped to the floor....wow...

i dont get why people say literaly when it didnt really happen...lol
and yeah these shots are really cool, weather is one of the very few things that make the average person feel small. weather, ocean, and space...oh and some huge mountain ranges. but yeah, i live in oregon and its like raining 97% of the year so we dont really get cold fronts and warm fronts together at the same time. what time of year is best when tracking these systems?

I can't believe you didn't expect this type of response!! These are absolutely stunning!!!

absolutely beautiful...i guess the hail was worth it huh...

I hope you can put it back together. :D

Funky said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by emogirl

i dont get why people say literaly when it didnt really happen...lol
and yeah these shots are really cool, weather is one of the very few things that make the average person feel small. weather, ocean, and space...oh and some huge mountain ranges. but yeah, i live in oregon and its like raining 97% of the year so we dont really get cold fronts and warm fronts together at the same time. what time of year is best when tracking these systems?

Well actually I was surpised to see that type of weather THIS early. This type of weather frequents this part but only usually starting late April early May. So to have this type of weather so soon is weird but really cool for me. I know it's going to be terrible for a lot of people, and for that I'm really sorry. Many crops are going to ruined and many houses destroyed. I feel somewhat guilty for getting so much joy out of some elses sorrow :( .

Tangerini said:
I can't believe you didn't expect this type of response!! These are absolutely stunning!!!

Well thank you... I guess after you've seen it so much yourself it loses it's "coolness", but really thank you guys for the comments.

meesh said:
absolutely beautiful...i guess the hail was worth it huh...

Heck YES!!! I always tell people that I'm probably going to die with my camera pointed up towards the center of a tornado. I'm thinking about getting incribed on the camera somewhere "If you find this camera please develope this last few pictures, because hopefully they will be amazing.":er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back