Here we go again...

Heather Koch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright so how many times have I asked about this?! LOL

I have another offer that came to me, in which I have searched all over the interweb and found plausible data, but wanted to come here and get "real" opinions. Since the offer has arrived, I have been thinking deeply about this decision.

So selling my D7000 camera and someone is interested in trading for their D700!

Now I currently use a D7100 and am thinking of selling it and keep the d700 (if I choose to make the trade). The only thing holding me back is the d700 is 12mp (half) of what the d7100 has.

THOUGHTS APPRECIATED! :)

Thanks, guys!

D700 is full frame though. Better in low light. Better built.
I would absolutely trade a d7100 for a d700 if the d700 was in good condition and didn't have a huge shutter count
If the trade is for your d7000.....jump on it like a rabid dog in heat.

BITE THEIR HAND OFF!

The D700 is full frame, and although it seems like a lower MP, the pixels are larger and its low light performance will outdo any loss of MP.

As Pixmedic said, it's better built, better auto-focus performance, better rear-screen, and full frame offer more flexibility in terms of DoF.

Do it!

If not, tell them I might trade them my D7000! haha

BITE THEIR HAND OFF!

The D700 is full frame, and although it seems like a lower MP, the pixels are larger and its low light performance will outdo any loss of MP.

As Pixmedic said, it's better built, better auto-focus performance, better rear-screen, and full frame offer more flexibility in terms of DoF.

Do it!

Is there a huge difference in systems? Will I have to re-learn a camera? Not that it matters, just preparing myself.

Next question, if I get this d700 (which includes battery grip and 6 batteries) will I need to upgrade within the next couple of years or will it suit me well as I grow my business?

Another issue... (if even an issue)

Neither of us want to add cash, since my d7000 isn't worth the same as his d700 and he wanted me to include my 18-200mm lens, but then he would need to add something... BUT he doesn't want to.

What are your guy's suggestions on that? Would it be a lose situation if I gave him both the camera body and lens?

ALSO** (lol)
If I get the FX body, will my 12-24mm DX lens become less useful?

The d700 is, for all accounts, a professional full frame camera.
Despite being a few model years back, it is no less effective a camera than when it was first released. It is more than capable of professional results for pretty much anything from weddings to portraits and most things in between. It will continue to do so for years to come.

What are your guy's suggestions on that? Would it be a lose situation if I gave him both the camera body and lens?
How much do you figure that 18-200 is worth to you? I'd go for the deal he wants, and then start saving up for a K.A. lens.

What is the shutter count of the D700?
If it's a decent shutter count, I would Still do the trade. 6 batteries and a grip isn't cheap. Especially If it's the OEM grip

How much do you figure that 18-200 is worth to you? I'd go for the deal he wants, and then start saving up for a K.A. lens.

Well it definitely has done me well, but at this point I am wanting to sell it and get better glass. But ideally I was hoping to get at least $450 for the d7000 and $400 for the lens. Thus far I haven't had any cash offers other than CHEAPO $300 for both.

Here is my goal for this year:
Sigma 24-70mm f2.8
Nikon 85mm f1.8
Sigma 70-300mm (until I can afford the 70-200mm's)

IF this trade is done (including the the camera body and 18-200mm) will I be able to get enough money for the d7100 to at least afford a couple of the lenses above?

OR if the 12-24mm isn't going to perform well with the FX body, I could sell that as well, would that be worth it? Then get a fx wide angle?

SO many options here..

If it's a decent shutter count, I would Still do the trade. 6 batteries and a grip isn't cheap. Especially If it's the OEM grip

He hasn't replied with shutter count yet, but this is his ad:

"Nikon D700
Nikon brand MB-D10 Battery Grip
2 Nikon Batteries, 4 off brand batteries
Original box, manuals, charger, etc.

Shutter and sequence base were replaced, and camera cleaned on October 28th of last year.
This camera has a whole new life in it."

"Nikon D700

Shutter and sequence base were replaced, and camera cleaned on October 28th of last year.
D700 still going for around 1k so...
Still a good deal. OEM grip plus 6 batteries too?
What's wrong with the d700 that they want to downgrade to a d7000?
I would want to know that shutter count, but if it's not high, your definitely getting the better end of that trade.

"Nikon D700

D700 still going for around 1k so...
Still a good deal. OEM grip plus 6 batteries too?
What's wrong with the d700 that they want to downgrade to a d7000?
I would want to know that shutter count, but if it's not high, your definitely getting the better end of that trade.

Perhaps he has DX lenses and doesn't want to upgrade his glass? I am not sure exactly... I think I asked him but he never answered that part of my question. I should probably figure that out before even considering this trade. Also shutter count as well...

Thank you!

This sounds too good to be true

Nikon d700 is going for $1000 these days

Nikon d7000 is going for about $400
18-200 is going for about $200

Why on earth would anyone offer that trade?

How well do you know this person?

Most reactions

Back