Here's a new one

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend of mine has been doing shoots for a magazine, just over 2 years. He was told that they had decided to go with another photographer, but they like his images so if he wanted to match the other photographer they would continue to use him. He was told that the other photographer has agreed to pay the magazine to shoot for them.

The photographer seems to think it will help his career. My buddy chose not to match the deal, one step below free.

A friend of mine has been doing shoots for a magazine, just over 2 years. He was told that they had decided to go with another photographer, but they like his images so if he wanted to match the other photographer they would continue to use him. He was told that the other photographer has agreed to pay the magazine to shoot for them.

The photographer seems to think it will help his career. My buddy chose not to match the deal, one step below free.
Wow... I didn't know there was a step below free.

In the (brilliant?) movie Putney Swope, a photographer shows his terrific portfolio to the ad agency. He begins by saying he would shoot for $1000 per session. The exec says "Too much." The photographer says he could use more work right then, and offers to work for $5000 per session. "Still too much." . . . it goes all the way to "I really need the exposure. I'll do it for nothing." to which the exec responds, "For nothing, I can get anybody to do it." At the time it made perfect sense. Maybe it still does.

Another photographer that is destined to fail in the business. Your friend is lucky to get away from that magazine now.

So wait, they were paying him before and now want him to pay them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back