Heres One From Today

#2 and #3 catch my eye but I really like the colored version better. I enjoy editing shots with over saturated tones especially when there are no people in frame. The crooked stairs and fallen stucco is also quite complimenting.

Although I see some light fall out that overlaps the door a bit. Personally I would reduce it a tad to brighten the door since it's your focal point.

REDDOOR.jpg

Geez man. I have burps longer then you do your edits! :lol:

its funny, because the first time i went, i was in a totally different mind frame (i was shooting some photos for my website header) and it just caught my eye on as i was passing by.. but this time, I went back, specifically for the door, and i saw it with a totally different eye.. and as you said, it is actually beautiful.. I'm totally loving it now, and not really liking the ones where I edited the wall.. my fav is the second one i posted. .

i may go back again tomorrow, and just move the picnic table altogether.. it'll be a lot easier than having to clone it out

Chaos, decay and disarray can be very beautiful things in the eyes of photography. You just need to see the objects as more of a semblance of patterns into a larger whole than... well... than a collection of projects that you need to get working on to get the house fixed up for sale. :lol:

BTW, the cloning was super easy as it often can be in chaos images. Just keep re-picking sample spots for the rubber stamp and generally you're good. I can send you the image I adjusted if you like (since you posted a full-size original)

thanks chris.. great job on the picnic table removal too, for a quick edit!

its only been recently that i've finally started printing my photos, but, I think your right.. this one is going to make the print list.

thanks so much for your kind words

Manaheim, very nice work; this is certainly my favorite edit. Nikonguy, awesome shot!

I absolutely love the second edit. The one with the enhanced colors and removed picnic table. It looks exactly like something I'd both use as a wallpaper and have as a framed print in my house.

I can't believe that you don't like the stairs or the exposed brick. Those are two of my favorite elements.

bahahah... ummm... I think I should take that as a compliment? :lol:

Oh absolutely. That would atleast take me 10 minutes to clone out(at best) :lol:

I can't believe that you don't like the stairs or the exposed brick. Those are two of my favorite elements.

i guess you didn't read my texts.. i said I have come at it with new eyes, and am LOVING the wall and stairs, and am now hating my edit where i changed the wall.

thanks so much for your kind words everyone.

Heres the table gone... slight clarity boost, contrast.. thats about it
20090901-8gge9d69rjywyn9mwiyb5qyhua.jpg

Last edited:
i really like the 2nd picture from the set of pictures you loaded in post # 12. THAT WAS AMAZING!!!

thanks so much!

We've got our fall fair coming up in a few weeks, and I've been in the mind frame lately to get some shots for the photography contest.. it really is a joke of a contest, but will still be fun to put some shots in.. thats where this shot is going!

Thanks for the full size. I hope you don't mind me saving if for future oogling or wallpaper use!

pfffffffffffffft...

WOW.

Dude, the ONLY thing I would even CONSIDER editing out of this picture is that picnic table. Anything else removed or altered just totally wrecks it, IMO.

Wow.

I totally can't believe you found some of those other elements gross. :lol: That scene is like heaven on earth for me.

Quoted for truth.

Get out of my head manaheim!

nikonguy, I like #2 the best.

I can see why you thought black and white would be good for this image, but to me the color is wonderful. Great catch on this. :thumbup:

Thanks for the full size. I hope you don't mind me saving if for future oogling or wallpaper use!

fill your boots.. glad that someone likes a photo i've taken enough to make it a wallpaper

I'm really glad you posted the entire photo. I think the "ugly" steps add a lot to it.

Most reactions

Back