Here's some reverse Macro

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In honor of Lafoto, for inspiring me about this prosses... The first ones is GREEN

1. Click on the picture to HI RES

2. Click on the picture to HI RES

3. Click on the picture to HI RES

4. And a pano

Tell me what you think please

Well, to tell you the truth: also I only learned about reversed lens photography through nothing else but ... The Photo Forum! Ta-daaa!

It only so happened that Chris saw one of mine first, while I had seen those of other members before I had gone digital and felt it was too much of a risk to try it with film (too costly on possible "bloopers", see?) And I so envied all those who did those super-magnified photos with just turning around their lenses.

Yes, Tyson, that is what it is: you screw the lens off your camera (provided you have a DSLR or an SLR, for that matter, works the same, actually), turn it around so that the front covers the hole in your camera and the part with the screw thread (is that the word?) points towards your subject.

You can now no longer wait for the camera to do anything, for the camera no longer knows what to do! You have to focus with your body, moving in closer and closer to your subject until you see that it is in focus. Stop breathing, keep your heart from beating, all this because focus is razor thin in that mode, and shoot.

My latest reversed lens macro shots can be found here - I haven't done any of late. Too little light...

You are quite invited to resurrect that fly-thread, too, if you feel like commenting on that one, too :wink: :wink: :wink: !

BTW Corinna, you can make a housefly "chill out" by putting it in the freezer for a few minutes. Remove it, take your shots, and believe it or not, the fly will revive itself. Its part of a reserection illusion I learned.

i like the pano, would love to have a bit more of the road though,
and the first stitch on the left are visible, but thats a lovely sky!

Yeah I know... The program that I use for it doesn't allow for adjustments... I'm thinking about getting another program for it thanks though.

I did indeed... In fact I got a reverse Macro adapter for my 28-80mm lens so that I don't have to hold it. That gets hard on longer exposure shots. :)

WOW....that's something new...'Reverse Macro' never heard of this before. Thanks.

I also think that a bit more of the base would have made the pano a great shot.

I liked the sky... I wasn't trying to focus on the ground... the sky had some perty clouds... but thanks for the comment

Most reactions

Back