Heron Catching Dinner

endurodog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Heron catching dinner. C&C is always appreciated. Thanks

Fishing Collage (1 of 1).JPG

nice photos, almost looks like his head is either a bit soft or slightly out of focus. but overall these turned out really nice.

I like the step by steps of its catch! Thanks for sharing!

Nice set of action shots...well as active as a fishing GBH can get. :biggrin-93: Seriously, these are a very good action series. Having more of the reflection might make them even better, but that is just my opinion.

WesternGuy

Thanks guys for the comments, they are all appreciated.

Nice catch. The water was calm on the camera side. Would like to see a shot with the bird's full reflection in the water. There may have been debris or brush in water to make that impossible?

I agree that more reflection would have been nice, but it is probably better to catch the action as it happens.

Thanks so much for all the comments. I drew in close on the bird to capture the action of him catching the fish but he was very photogenic and I got a ton of shots. Did get some with the full reflection, here is one of those.
Fishing Reflections small (1 of 1).JPG

Thanks so much for all the comments. I drew in close on the bird to capture the action of him catching the fish but he was very photogenic and I got a ton of shots. Did get some with the full reflection, here is one of those. View attachment 88050
I thought the water might have been more still, but it looks like the current distorted the water surface. I have a pond, and a blue heron is there most mornings. It is very wary, and rarely lets me get very close. Wish it would though!

This bird I think is use to being photographed. I was on a walking bridge only about 35 yards from him and he let me take as many as I wanted. Went back there a few days ago and he wasn't there but another photographer showed up and said he had shot him a bunch too. Got lucky with this guy for sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back