Hertz, look, I'll be testing something!

It says "Hertie", name of the department store.
And it is interesting to hear that some actually see a photo, others don't, and I see it when I log on via my AOL-account, but don't when I use Firefox :scratch:

What I liked about the scene was the backlight, her highlighted white hair, her breath (it was a crytal clear but cold morning), the long shadow and most of all that orange shopping bag :D. Glad to hear someone can see it, after all. (It is stored in my blog only, and I wanted to test if linking out of blogspot would work - seems to work only erratically).

Well I'll be perfectly blunt, I cheated to view the image. the part that cought me off guard is the fact it now remaining available after this,wich is not usually the case, but is now gone again after force refreshing. I believe you posted a cookie, This is why one browser can see it wile the other does not. Cookies are kept seprately from browser to browser on multi browser compies. It's for this reason I use Firefox at work, The children here have access to the primary browser (IE) and can not access the web threw Firefox themselves, This way I don't need to worry about them finding the more riskey sites and images I view wile they are sleeping as IE is unaware I had viewed them and do not appear in the history or address bar or reasently viewed pages.

No, It does not work irradically, it just does not work, I have to assume that anti viewed the image the same way I did or is bluffing to screw with alex's mind. The image will not show unless the browser has seen it before.

Picture100000.jpg

My comment about the bag was just my way of comferming I saw it with out the use of an image.

I just see a little blue '?'.
If I save the address of the image and then open it, it down-loads to my HD and I then can view the image.
If I try to open the image directly I get this message:
'Forbidden

Your client does not have permission to get URL /s1600 from this server.'

This would indicate that your client does not allow hot-linking.
People who use AOL as a server may see it but I don't think anyone else will.

OK.
Now that is a GOOD result out of my test! One I can live with and rely on.
No linking pics from my blog, always only from the picture host sites. I needed to know that! :D

Battou said:
I have to assume that anti viewed the image the same way I did or is bluffing to screw with alex's mind. The image will not show unless the browser has seen it before.
I must have viewed it the same way you did. Initially I did not see an image, so right-clicked on the red 'x' and pasted the URL into another window to view it. Thereafter, the pic did show up in the thread itself. Right now, though, it isn't.

this is a strange thread

Even though I'm accessing through IE now (where I used to be able to view it), it is gone here, now, too (red x), though it is still there in my blog. :scratch:

This is a strange thread, indeed, Alex.
And some strange behaviour on the side of that image stored in blogspot...

I feel strange now.

But that might be related to my lunch today.

i see a picture and im using firefox.

you must be cheating then!

I see it using IE after refreshing and also after leaving the thread and coming back. Anyone else who would like to show me something?:wink:

I must have viewed it the same way you did. Initially I did not see an image, so right-clicked on the red 'x' and pasted the URL into another window to view it. Thereafter, the pic did show up in the thread itself. Right now, though, it isn't.

Similar, but not the same. I am running on Firefox and do not get the red X for broken images, just a void. What I do when I see these voids is quote the post, if image tags are there I then copy paste their contents into the bar of a new tab and go from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back