Hey Alison

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm sure you could list and list and list, but post, separately, the SIX favorite things you like about Hobbes!

You're a sneaky guy ;)

Lets see, you're right that it will be hard to narrow it down to the top six....here they are in no particular order. And an advance warning to Matt and Chad that it will be mushy.

#6 His sense of humor. He's a child at heart and can find something funny in almost anything. He has an ifectious laugh.

#5 He is a great listener. He has an amazing ability to know whether I am looking for suggestions or just need someone to give me a hug. On the flip side, he's a good talker too....and trust me, we talk A LOT!

#4 His passion for photography. It's wonderful to be with someone that doesn't mind if I want to take the camera everywhere, heck he's got his too. He's creative and dilligent and will keep shooting until he gets the shot he was looking for.

#3 His ability to deal with stress. I am the first to admit that when things get tough I am not the best under pressure. He has a calmness about him that helps me remember to breathe and keeps the thought that everything will be okay. He hasn't been wrong yet :D

#2 Is not appropriate for a family forum ;) :twisted:

Here we are, #3000.

#1 His love for my children. As some of you may or may not know we met through this forum about 6 months ago. He moved here from SC to be with me and knew that I had two sons. Not having children of his own, I wondered how the transition would be into a parenting role. My boys adore him, and yet he is respectful enough to not overstep and try and take a father role...they have a wonderful father as well. Aubrey has given me the greatest gift, to be able to see my children through the eyes of someone else. He lets me sleep in on Saturday and gets up and watches the boys and makes us all breakfast. He has snowball fights and reads bedtime stories. We could have been madly in love, but if my children didn't love him too it never would have worked.

And one more thing, he makes me feel beautiful and valuable and funny and smart....and he just loves me and never lets me forget it :D

AlisonS said:
Here we are, #3000.

#1 His love for my children. As some of you may or may not know we met through this forum about 6 months ago. He moved here from SC to be with me and knew that I had two sons. Not having children of his own, I wondered how the transition would be into a parenting role. My boys adore him, and yet he is respectful enough to not overstep and try and take a father role...they have a wonderful father as well. Aubrey has given me the greatest gift, to be able to see my children through the eyes of someone else. He lets me sleep in on Saturday and gets up and watches the boys and makes us all breakfast. He has snowball fights and reads bedtime stories. We could have been madly in love, but if my children didn't love him too it never would have worked.
I've always wanted to comment on that side of him but could never think of a way which wouldn't make me seem like an interfering busy body. I didn't know if it would have been welcome either.

Hobbes, Hobbes, Hobbes. :thumbsup:

oriecat said:
Now that's a great 3000th post :)

yep! Congrats Alison and what a relationship! (seriously, holding back the emotion to type this) Hearing about Aubrey makes me wanna be a better person! I posted this just to get you to 3000 - didn't know i'd also benefit from it! :wink:

ferny said:
I've always wanted to comment on that side of him but could never think of a way which wouldn't make me seem like an interfering busy body. I didn't know if it would have been welcome either.

Hobbes, Hobbes, Hobbes. :thumbsup:

All right, spill, what do you want to know ? :wink:

No questions. I was just going to say that from what I've seen of you two on the forums Hobbes seems to have taken to your children very well. And that a lot of men wouldn't be willing to do that. Especially at his age (he's the same age as us isn't he?).
I was just going to heap praise onto him. But as I said, I don't know the full details (and wouldn't ask, it's not my place) and I didn't know if it would be right to say anything.

JonMikal said:
oriecat said:
Now that's a great 3000th post :)

yep! Congrats Alison and what a relationship! (seriously, holding back the emotion to type this) Hearing about Aubrey makes me wanna be a better person! I posted this just to get you to 3000 - didn't know i'd also benefit from it! :wink:

Thanks, glad to help :p And yes, it is a wonderful relationship. We had both been married before to the wrong people. We both felt very misunderstoon in our prior relationships and when we met here it was like meeting a long lost friend. Some times in life you have to take risks, this was a good one :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back