Hey Alison

ferny said:
No questions. I was just going to say that from what I've seen of you two on the forums Hobbes seems to have taken to your children very well. And that a lot of men wouldn't be willing to do that. Especially at his age (he's the same age as us isn't he?).
I was just going to heap praise onto him. But as I said, I don't know the full details (and wouldn't ask, it's not my place) and I didn't know if it would be right to say anything.

He's 29, but I like to say he's in his 30th year and watch his face turn red :twisted:

And you're right, not a lot of men (or women if the sitution were reversed) would be as willing. He's a very special person, and I am extremely lucky to be with him.

That can be a tough situation to be in, too. Not that I've been in it myself..but I have a friend who is 21, and has been dating this guy for more than a year, and is now living with him. Many times she comes into work wanting to rip her hair out because she just can't handle his kid! I definately feel for her...she loves him, but she just isn't ready to be a step-mom. It definately takes a strong person to do it!

The kids have a say in it to. Some kids can be (for not want of a better phrase) little shits. They just don't want to accept anyone else.

Being a parent is a tough job, wheter there is a "step" in front of it or not. Tammy gave me a great phrase, "bonus parent". And that's what Aubrey is, a wonderful adult role model for the boys. I am lucky that he and I approach parenting in the same way. Our discipline methods are in line and we just want the boys to have a good childhood so it's not that hard.

Oh, and there are mornings I want to rip my hair out too, it's those times when you tuck them in at night, or check on them and they are fast asleep and beautiful that make it all worth it. And the best is that random hug and "I love you Mom".

That's very true Ferny, some children are more accepting than others. A lot of it has to do with age as well. My boys are 5 & 3 and at this age they are just happy to have a happy Mom :D Sometimes my oldest will comment that it would be nice to have Mom and Dad live together, but it's rare and when we remind him of the fact that he had two happy homes he thinks that's great.

We should all be so lucky to have someone this special in our lives. I'm sure he feels the same. :heart:
I always thought that me and the wife had a special relation ship, AlisonS, you just took me down a couple notches. :wink:
I'm off to get a kleenex..............................(I'm just a softy for stories like yours)

Sorry, should have put a Kleenex warning in there :D And you are right, everyone should have someone so special. Sounds like you and your wife have a great relationship, too !

I want Hobbes to read me a story, too!!! :D He has to pretend to be all the characters and use funny voices, like I'm sure he does for the kids.....

You want Hobbes to come into your bedroom at night and make funny noises? You do realise him and Alison are a couple, right?
Unless they're into that sort of thing. I wouldn't judge them if they were...............

:mrgreen:

ferny said:
You want Hobbes to come into your bedroom at night and make funny noises? You do realise him and Alison are a couple, right?
Unless they're into that sort of thing. I wouldn't judge them if they were...............

:mrgreen:

You got a problem with funny noises?! Here I thought you were fun... :roll:

*looks confused and tries to blend in by dancing*

When Im a lille older and wiser, I wanna settle down and have a family...Hope it goes aswell as you and Hobbes AlisonS.

(I would say more, but sometimes I just come of as rude, so Ill leave it at this)

Artemis said:
*looks confused and tries to blend in by dancing*

When Im a lille older and wiser, I wanna settle down and have a family...Hope it goes aswell as you and Hobbes AlisonS.

(I would say more, but sometimes I just come of as rude, so Ill leave it at this)

I've never thought of you as rude Arty, say what you like. :D

Most reactions

Back