Hey Everyone!!, I just discovered this fabulous forum!

modphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey All!!

I'm three years out of collage and working towards opening my own buisness this summer and thought i could use some advise?!

My passion is shooting Fashion images but I may have to start by shooting portraits for I can't afford a studio space just yet? Any suggestions on advertising myself for a resonable price?? Or any other ideas you could shoot my way!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum modphoto! Hope you don't mind I moved your thread to the welcome forum :D

Heya! Welcome.

If you want to get into fashion, I would try to get an assistant's job with a working photographer so that you can learn the ropes. Like I mentioned in another thread, you may spend more time loading film backs than taking pictures, but you can take what you learn and apply it on your own time. You may even end up with access to the studio during off hours as part of the deal.

You also might want to read this.

Thanks for the large Welcome. I wanted to ask( i hope this isn't a stupid question) how most of the members are from the Toronto area???

I know your right about the fashion Assisting idea. I'm just having trouble finding a photographer that needs help....but i'm working on it!

Most reactions

Back