hey everyone. i'm new here.

Amr17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey, my names aaron and i live on an island in the atlantic of the east coast of the US called Bermuda. photography is a new hobby for me and im trying to start and learn right from the basics. i found a film slr (minolta dynax 505 si/maxxum HTsi, depending on where it was purchased) on the cheap, read most of the user manual and started shooting. i get my photo developed and get a cd with the digital pics. i am hoping to get advice on any and everything i possible can with a strong desire to learn and gradually improve, hope everyone can help.

Welcome to the forum, our new best friend. We'll all be planning vacations to your house... Please put an addition on so we can all come at once! LOL!

Welcome, considering where you live, I hope you don't.... disappear. Hehe. :D

hey thank for all the warm welcomes. still learning how to navigate this site. posted a few pic from my first roll, check em out let me kno what u think. all tips welcome just wanna learn

Welcome from Iowa. ^_^ I think we should plan a TPF vacation out to Bermuda. ;) Even though we'll be lost in the Bermuda Triangle, never to be seen again... D:

On second thought, the Bahamas shounds better... :D

This is Clicking Nature Photographs for Stock Photographs article
​Nature photography is a wonderful endeavor that we all find a pleasing pursuit. It’s usual when you see something exciting; you want to capture it in some way. Nature photography is extremely competitive. You have to be an incredible photographer with good images. There are so many reasons why an image becomes a good stock photo. A photograph is only a good stock photo if a customer is willing to present you reward for the use of that photo. Cameras are a great way to do this. I believe a high quality camera enables you to create professional quality picture.

It is important to get the best equipment considering your budget. Some of the important factors which you should keep in mind while choosing camera:-

Digital vs. Film:-One of the important decisions you will face is whether use digital or film. Today’s Digital cameras are used to capture high quality photos under different conditions. Most digital cameras come with options to shoot macro, portrait, and high speed and several other setting. Knowing how to use your camera is very important in creating quality images, which generally comes when you spent more time with the camera.

Lens:-If you want to capture the beauty of nature in your camera then, it’s important to know about lens that you will need to use for taking photographs of nature. For most of the nature photographs you will need to have lens in the range between 300-400mm.

Resolution:-Even the cheapest cameras provide minimum 5 megapixels which is quite good for creating 11*14 –inch photos. Resolution is measured in pixel. The more pixels a camera has the more features it can capture and give in even bigger print without becoming fuzzy.

Try to find rechargeable batteries:-Most of the photographers prefer rechargeable batteries. It becomes quite costly when you have to buy disposable batteries again and again. You have two choices when it comes to digital camera batteries: rechargeable AA or camera-specific battery packs. These batteries can be recharged hundred of times.

To Know more about stock photography, stock image, stock photos, stock photos online, stock photos for sale, Royalty Free Stock Photographs, royalty free stock photograph, royalty free stock photography, Royalty Free Stock Photo, Royalty Free Stock Image feel free to visit Best Stock Photography Website | Royalty Free Stock Photos - Imageselect.eu

Article Source: Choosing a Camera for Nature photography « Best Stock Photos And Images Information Blog

Hey everyone Im from the greatest state here in the middle of some of the best places to shoot year round in Minnesota. Just found this app for my phone and seeing how I just upgraded from the canon rebel xti to the canon 1D mark ll thought this would be a great place to get some advice in the go

Welcome aboard. I just signed up myself yesterday.

I checked out your gallery, and the Sunset is by far my favorite. Super composition. Great color saturation, and exposure is dead on.

Is there a reason why you decided on film over digital?

Joel

Well I only started takin pic maybe 6 weeks ago and reli the choice of film was financial one. Reli wanted to get into it so figure couldn't hurt to start with film. I have plans on purchasing a digital. Any recomendations? Wanted something that I can use all my lens on the both camera bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Well I only started takin pic maybe 6 weeks ago and reli the choice of film was financial one. Reli wanted to get into it so figure couldn't hurt to start with film. I have plans on purchasing a digital. Any recomendations? Wanted something that I can use all my lens on the both camera bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

I don't think it's possible to use lenses designed for digital on film cameras and visa versa.

Over the long haul digital is a lot cheaper then film. Once you get past with the camera, lens, flash, equipment, etc. Digital photography is free per picture, or should I say no picture till you print some, if any. Film costs money per roll, then processing, and or printing. In the old days ( I'm 64) I rarely shot more then 2 rolls of 36 exposures, as that was the max: 72 pics. Last outing a few days ago I ended up with 309 images. True, most were bracketed, but it didn't cost me a cent. Also, you can do so much more post production with digital then film.

Just to post some of our print pictures, you 1st have to scan them. Just seems that film is becoming a thing of the past.

Joel

Most reactions

Back