hey everyone. i'm new here.

Welcome! Have a read of the links in my signature, they'll give you a good foundation in photography. :)

Well I only started takin pic maybe 6 weeks ago and reli the choice of film was financial one. Reli wanted to get into it so figure couldn't hurt to start with film. I have plans on purchasing a digital. Any recomendations? Wanted something that I can use all my lens on the both camera bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

I don't think it's possible to use lenses designed for digital on film cameras and visa versa.

Over the long haul digital is a lot cheaper then film. Once you get past with the camera, lens, flash, equipment, etc. Digital photography is free per picture, or should I say no picture till you print some, if any. Film costs money per roll, then processing, and or printing. In the old days ( I'm 64) I rarely shot more then 2 rolls of 36 exposures, as that was the max: 72 pics. Last outing a few days ago I ended up with 309 images. True, most were bracketed, but it didn't cost me a cent. Also, you can do so much more post production with digital then film.

Just to post some of our print pictures, you 1st have to scan them. Just seems that film is becoming a thing of the past.

Joel

Yes, you can use film lenses on digital cameras, but it depends which ones you have. Nikon I believe you can use almost any nikon lens. Canon you can only use the EOS lenses. Not f mount. Sony Minolta on Sony and Pentax is a letter, but I can't remember it.

You can't use your Canon dSLR's EF-S lenses on a Canon film camera. This is due to the camera-end of the lens, which is too long for the larger mirrors found inside film cameras.

Welcome to the forum, our new best friend. We'll all be planning vacations to your house... Please put an addition on so we can all come at once! LOL!

So aahhhhh....February works for a meet up for me....just sayin!!! It will be freakin cold here!!
BTW....welcome to the party and I'll sleep on the floor!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back