hey guys, can I trust Refurbished camera?

rnc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
There is this good deal on A70, but it is refurbished i am not too sure if i should trust it....(I have one A60 on my own, i love it, the only thing i want is a higher MP, now its a dream come true ....lol....I still gotta figure out to sell my A60 first)

I bought a refurbished Olympus P & S for my hubby over a year ago - not a single problem with it.

I would just make sure that it was discounted enough to compensate for the shorter warranty that they normally give you with a refurbished camera.

I've boughten two refurbished camera's over the years. Both still work great. I like refurbished myself, since _usually_ the most common problem with a certain camera is the reason it gets repaired to begin with. So chances are the one thing that might go wrong with your camera has already gone wrong and was subsequently fixed.

If it comes with a warranty I would get it. I've had lots of things that I bought refurbished, some worked perfectly, others I had to bring back because they still didn't work. If it's a good price and they give you enough time to test it out and make sure it's working properly sounds like a good deal!

How do I deal with my A60 then? LOLz ...hmmmm i dunno if it is worth the hassle....does 3 mp make a difference? (A60 is 2mp)

At 2 mp you get 1600 x 1200 pixels, at 3 mp you'll have 2048 x 1536 pixels. At 300 dpi (extremely high quality prints) you're only adding about an inch in each direction. If you print at 150dpi or 100dpi, you'd be adding about 2 - 4 inches.

You won't notice a difference unless you plan on making large prints. I'd recommend staying with the A60, waiting to make your next purchase until you make a _large_ jump in quality. If you do sell the A60, ebay is usually pretty good at getting market value.

I am not printing anything really....well sometimes for just friends+family pics...but i think regular sized prints are goof enuf ... I mainly just upload pics on to computer hard drive and sometimes use photoshop edit it a bit. I am a rookie photographer wanna-be, thats why I got the A60 , at the time of my purchase, A70 was like $100 more than 60 , and I didnt think its worth it....but now its like $200 cheaperrr.........hmmm......is there a difference in digital photos( like re-size pics to 800 x 600 for both 3 and 2 mp, is there a difference in sharpness and other quality?) if there isnt any.....i think I would listen to you and wait for one or two years for a jump.

Sometimes products are returned for no particular reason, other than fickle consumers, and these are checked over and resold as refurbished.

Most reactions

Back