Hey! i'm new around here

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by kaboom, May 29, 2007.

1. kaboom

kaboom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Since its about the 8th forum i join i decided for once in my life i'd be polite and introduce myself properly before starting to (or in this case shortly after starting to) post.
    So here I am!
    I come from Spain and i'm a film junkie.
    i shoot with a Canon F-1 as a primary body and the basic set of prime glass. 24 2.8 50 1.4 and 135 2.
    my secondary body (though the canon has never let me down) is a pentax K1000 with a 50 2.0, a 28 2.8 and a 28-210zoom
    I do mostly black and white at home with the classics. HP5, trix, T-Max, FP4.
    i also shoot a lot of color slides. Previously deeply in love with Provia, i've now fallen for Kodak's VS. on occassion or when asked to, i also shoot color prints. I'll be caught dead rather than shoot cromogenic B&W though.
    Besides photography i PROFOUNDLY adore music, and motorcycles, althoug i'm off the bike for a while given that I just miraculously survived a head-on crash with a car last sunday. I also do a lot of road cycling.
    I've never sold a single photograph in my life but i eventually aspire to sell the occassionaly pic every now and then. I've no pretences to become a proffessional since i'm nowhere near dedicated enough and i expect to make a lot more money than my limited photographic talent could ever bring me.

so that's that.
    cheers!​

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    welcome and congrats on surviving the crash

3. marthemar

marthemar TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome.

4. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF. And congrats on being alive! Were you wearing a helmet? I ride a Harley Davidson, I am a film only shooter and my main interest is the Large Format (4x5 inches or 9x12 cm) and Medium Format. I also love shooting BW and slides in 4x5 and 120.

5. kaboom

kaboom TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Certainly wearing a helmet! full face shoei. and a full leather suit, and boots, and back protector... i'm certain that without all the equipment i wouldn't be here to tell.
    but don't worry i was riding an italian sports 2-stroke. Riding a Harley you're MUCH LESS likely to crash the way i did!

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to The Photo Forum, kaboom, and I am happy to see you here - knowing that as well you might no longer be around! Whoa!

Good to have you around, I hope you will also lend an eye and ear to those who for whichever reason are walking the digital path?

7. kaboom

kaboom TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'll lend eyes and ears to all kinds of photography! in fact i know i'll end up walking the digital path myself, the day i get fed up with paying 10 bucks for a roll of slide or 5 for a small bag of powder developer... which isn't that far away.