Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am curious.

I am not getting any user conversion at all, Hit counts are ok and climbing well for the websites age more or less but no one is using the services. I know DA is a monster looming over our head in both experiance and content but still, I can't help feel that we are going no where, especially after watching the hidden sister site grow massive in a fraction of the time.

What the heck am I missing?....other than new users of course.

are you referring to Photo Lucidity? Has it gone quiet?

I think the market is saturated in this area personally.

What are the services you are offering? are they better or any different from what the competitors are offering?

are you referring to Photo Lucidity? Has it gone quiet?

I think the market is saturated in this area personally.

What are the services you are offering? are they better or any different from what the competitors are offering?

Photo Lucidity is the primary yes, but there is still yet a struggling sibling site aside from that. I am not overly conserned with that site at the moment though, PL is my primary for the time being.

The impression I am under you are somewhat correct wile at the same time slightly off. The market is kinda saturated but, it's by completely different concepts. It would seem the vast majority would prefer to have a site of their own and completely unique to them.

Our services most closely resemble Deviant Art, The biggest difference is the fact that users are not going to have to compete with the likes of Naruto, Bleach, Inu Yasha or what ever other random illustrations. It's exclusive to photography there won't be good photographers there that are litterally drowned out by the CG and drawn artwork.

We also have an evolving categorization system, If a new category is warrented users need only ask on the forum. Eventually this system will grow to encompase any and all forms of photography with minimal confusion.

We do have a couple of draw backs though however, those being the approval system, a relyance on advertising and a per day limit on uploads.

The Approval system is a temporary thing, every new user has imagery prescreened by site staff to assure complyance to policy. After it is proven that a user understands the policy they are given Auto approve status, after that the user no longer requires prescreening and their submissions are then on site imeadiately upon upload (with a few exceptions).

The advertising is kinda given with any site with free membership.

The per day limit on uploads is a rudementry quality controll of sorts, in otherwords it is basically there to have users think about what they want to put on display and choose just the best they have to offer. However this was designed and proven to be effective on the primary sibling site and again on the bastard child sibling site that are for the afore mentioned Naruto, Bleach, Inu Yasha or what ever other random illustrations. Where even a skilled illustrator will be hard pressed to create three new works a day. I decided to have the limit upped from three to twelve because a skilled photographer can produce twelve, twenty four, thirty six or maybe even seventy two images worth looking at in a day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back