Hey, Lil Advice/Help

Energy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey,

First off I'm not sure if you be able to help, or if this is the right place to post on this forum but i guess its worth a go.

Ok, for a few months now something has been worrying me prob sounds stupid but it has.

I look SO Diffrent on my web cam + Mirror, than onto photos i take on my cam phone!

In the mirror and web cam i look like a 'person' and quite happy with my apperance, but recently i had brought my self a cam phone and took a few pics of me at college etc. and i look so bad! I have such a big red face, and totally diffrent than i do in the mirror or cam phone!

It's really getting me down, do i really look like this? or is it the cam or anything...

Does anyone have any ideas?

I even took a pic of me on the cam phone then looked straight into the mirror and i look so diffrent even tho there is like 5 secs between them!

If anyone knows why this is and what one is more like the way others see me, please let me know!

~ Dave.

Camera phones are of such poor quality that it doesn't surprise me in the least that you look different than from a camera. The files get run through different algorithims on each device too so that will have an effect.

Are you looking at the picture on the phone or moving it to a computer to look at it. The difference in the two screens will make a difference too.

I'd trust the camera and the mirror more than the camera phone.

Thank god!

Ummm viewing it after transfering it from the phone to the Computer

Ahahahaha No man!

I'm not even good lookin at all but just in the cam phone photos i look awful seriously huge red face :( gettin me down

This sounds like a typical reaction to having your photo taken. You get a sense that it's so important to look good that you really try to - BIG mistake (for most of us).

If you have your photo taken often you'll get used to it and you'll eventually look similar to the reflection in the mirrror.

Seriously i look so bad! why is it so diffrent to webcam and mirror :(

and what ones more like me as people see me

What are the focal lengths of the cams?

Wide angle lenses don't do anyone's looks any favors except clowns and dogs. ;)

ksmattfish said:
What are the focal lengths of the cams?

Wide angle lenses don't do anyone's looks any favors except clowns and dogs. ;)

Haha i acutally have no idea, but just now i took pic of my self on my webcam and compared it to the one on my pc taken my cam phone and so diffrent :( hope i dont look that ugly man.. its like my whole face is pure red lol!

Maybe it's because in the mirror and webcam you're still 3 dimensional... you're still moving and you can see all the parts of your face. But in the photo, you suddenly become 2 dimensional and there's no movement so you can't see the shape of your face.

Have you tried different cameras?

Or are you just talking about a red tinge that makes you look funny?

Meysha said:
Maybe it's because in the mirror and webcam you're still 3 dimensional... you're still moving and you can see all the parts of your face. But in the photo, you suddenly become 2 dimensional and there's no movement so you can't see the shape of your face.

Have you tried different cameras?

Or are you just talking about a red tinge that makes you look funny?

In other cams i look ok lol its just this certain one :(

Most reactions

Back