Hey new here, just got a Nikon D40

ChrisJuliano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I read about it for the last month and decided it seems like thats a good newb dslr to get.

So I purchased one today, stock lense, 4gb card, and protective bag. Found out a few things but obviously theres still tons of things I need to know.

Can anyone point me out to good links that can help me out? D40 specificly?

Or if you have a d40 and dont mind being asked retarded questions and helping, my aim is Pennythug13, and my msn is [email protected], I appreciate any help :]

And as a small introduction, I am Chris Juliano, I live in Pennsylvania and I am 17 in a month. I would like to get into photography so I decided to join this forum.

Thanks.

Hi Chris
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome on the forum. I have D40 and it is really great camera.
If you want to fond out more about photography you should get "Understanding Exsposure". That's good start book. Aslo search button on this forum works great :)
I hope you will enjoy photography and I wish to see samples of your work.
Regards
Tom

I also have a D40 and love it. I also love my 200mm zoom! I'm still learning too but have already figured out a lot of information so ask away!

Thanks, I appreciate it, my one online friend helped me out learning 1 thing about using "M" mode. So if you guys have aim or msn please message me and teach me more.

Or if there is a good website you know, link me too it if you want.

Here are some pics of mine, All are photoshopped :)[) and only the first one was taken with a d40 (my first pic I ever took with d40), and the rest are from my old P&S.

lighthousecopyfx2.jpg

cimg0849im1.jpg

cimg0857ov1.jpg

cimg0903ql5.jpg

cimg0905cx8.jpg

gradutioncanonrebelxtpibd0.jpg

gradutioncanonrebelxtpihq4.jpg
gradutioncanonrebelxtpikk7.jpg

pict0013uo2.jpg

pict0033qm9.jpg

pict0078rm7.jpg

pict0080gj5.jpg

Sorry about size :[

congrats on getting your d40.
i enjoyed your first shot.
evenif photoshopepd thats fine?
learn how to resize your pictures.

and as for the your other pictures.
you have the right idea on all of them.
just leanr how to focus.

Well yes I will be using less photoshop as I get better.

I know how to resize pics but I thought they were all resized already :[

And all others are from my p&s so I didnt expect them to be that good.

what photo hosting site do you use?
use flickr. because when uploaded it gives you a broad range of sizes goign from thumbnails to large images to be posted on websites/forums such as these.

Last edited:
use flickr.com

because when uploaded it gives you a broad range of sizes goign from thumbnails to large images to be posted on websites/forums such as these.

Nice work, you obviously have composition skills, i like the sailing shots.

if you resize the pictures to about 750 pixels wide they should be about the perfect size.

Thanks, I heard I have composition skills many times.

What exactly does this mean?

And while were at explanations of words, can someone explain what camera terms are like ISO and apeuture (sp?) and all the others, and explain what they specificly do and what higher and lower does to the pic?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back