Hey! New photographer.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by im_jacobf, Dec 13, 2009.

1. im_jacobf

im_jacobf TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey guys, I am Jacob Foster.

So, I figured I would introduce myself and what not to maybe make some friends and get some criticism on my photography.

I'll start out by telling a little about myself. I am currently 18 years old, and a freshman at the Oregon Institute of Technology. I am majoring in both hardware and software engineering. In high school I took a basic photography class that used film SLRs, and it opened my eyes to a new world of art that I had never experienced.

I have always browsed Flickr, but I never understood why things looked so good, or why my digital camera couldn't accomplish these amazing shots that were being uploaded. As I got more into art, I started to look more into photography and I began to see the differences in the techniques.

Just recently I purchased my first DSLR, it is an Olympus E-420. Although some people say it's a bad camera, I feel that it is perfect for me as an entry-level DSLR, and I am having a very good time with it.

It still has some settings that I don't quite understand, but I am hoping to understand more of it as time goes on. I enjoy black and white photography as well as macro photography. I put my first pictures up in the Black and White section of the forum. Please go there and rate my work!

Thank you! I look forward to meeting everyone.

2. DeadPixel

DeadPixel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF Jacob :)

Nice to meet you.

3. xmaxonx

xmaxonx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF Jacob! I hope you have a great time here and don't be afraid to ask for anything.
    :peacesign: