Hey! Room for One More?

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$8430300371_ebfcac767d_o.jpg

Not bad. I had to expand it to get the whole picture (that's the problem with these "thumbnails"). Just curious as to how you processed this one as it looks a little over-sharpened.

WesternGuy

I probably should have left it at the last point prior to "sharpening" which I do at a minimum on most shots anyway...I just thought the feathers needed a bit more offset from the water and wood. I'lll revisit and repost non sharpened. I did use a SEP2 high structure, smooth blend layer on luminosity prior to sharpening and sometimes it has a tendency to over accentuate the darks.

I probably should have left it at the last point prior to "sharpening" which I do at a minimum on most shots anyway...I just thought the feathers needed a bit more offset from the water and wood. I'lll revisit and repost non sharpened. I did use a SEP2 high structure, smooth blend layer on luminosity prior to sharpening and sometimes it has a tendency to over accentuate the darks.

You did a WHAT on the Huh?!?! THIS is why I stink at PS--those are all English words and yet I have no clue what you're talking about! :lmao:
I like the processing on this--it doesn't really look oversharpened to me (but my vision problems could well account for that); it has kind of a "painted" look to it, in a good way.
I wish that duck's head (or anhinga or whatever that is on the far post) hadn't been eclipsed by the pelican's wing, but not much you can do about that. If that pelican doesn't have the common decency to pose the right way, what are you gonna do? :lol:

Here are four different edits on this shot. Two use SEP2 in differing applications, one with a standard sharpening and one as before only with a standard EP and a reduced sharpening... Rather than tel anyone whichis which, I'd rather see which one everyone likes the best and go from there. I don't always use the same techniques with each image but like to let the image dictate whichis best. Like sm4him, the eyes are getting older and sometimes I think I tend to go a tad on the heavy side..they do well in printing but I have a completely different technique for works to go to press.

1. $8432047569_2b20ed8c6d_o.jpg 2. $8433132934_986fc11b5d_o.jpg 3. $8433132818_35e76487ec_o.jpg 4. $8433132702_6746840183_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back