Hey Small Dilema

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Lu_myself, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Lu_myself

Lu_myself TPF Noob!

SO shoot with a D60 and i got a job takin' party photos. I have an SB 600 and i brought my 18-70 mm Lense for the night. The whole night i normaly used bounce flash. But i noticed the bounce flash was horrible unsuccesful when i attempted to bounce it off of a Non-White surface. This was extremely frustrating as the club was really modern and it had limited white surfaces. so i had to directly point the flash at ppl. After the nigth i looked into purchasing a light diffuser. i saw a cup looking one and a "Whale tale" looking diffuser. Anyone with event shoot experience be able to help me out ?

2. ANDS!

ANDS! No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Albedo.

As for what to diffuse with, most should do fine, although I have no idea what the "what tale" is.

3. gryphonslair99

gryphonslair99 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Personally I prefer the 80/20 Pro Max kit from Lumiquest.

http://www.lumiquest.com/products/promax-system.htm

It provides a lot of versatility with the different inserts.

The Gary Fong stuff like the whale tale can be nice but is more suited for closer portrait type stuff. The Lumiquest provides much better range. Now having said that, most people I know have a variety of diffusers for various situations.