Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There seem to be a lot of you here.

Howdy. :lol:

ETA - I'm in the Houston area.

Last edited:
howdy

(Greenville, about 40 minutes east of Dallas)

Last edited:
Howdy,

Born in Brooklyn, raised in Sugar Land (Southwest Houston area), went to school TAMU, and somehow ended up in Joisey about 2 hours from where I was born.

Hey, I used to work in SL - nice area.

I moved to Sugar Land back when it was still a middle class neighborhood and the section I lived in was still called First Colony. Back when Highway 6 was a single lane highway in both directions and I could walk across to the 7-11 and not get hit by traffic. Back when I could take my small Honda R50 motorcycle and ride around without cutting through peoples' yards and I could pick any plot of land to make a track with a small folding shovel. Back when people considered Sugar Land was BFE. Back before First Colony Mall was built and signaled the beginning of over growth and the influx of wealth.

It was a small tight community....

Wow.. it seems like so long ago... Parents still live there. They say it is ok but they would like to move further out.

I wonder if the old abandoned church on Oil Field road is still there. We used to hang out there as teenagers getting into all sorts of trouble.

Howdy Stella! Always nice to meet another Texan.

I was born and raised in Austin, but did live for 2 years in Houston (Westheimer/Dairy Ashford area) and 1 year in the D/FW area while in my 20's. But had to move back home and now am in Leander just north of Austin.

I moved to Sugar Land back when it was still a middle class neighborhood and the section I lived in was still called First Colony. Back when Highway 6 was a single lane highway in both directions and I could walk across to the 7-11 and not get hit by traffic. Back when I could take my small Honda R50 motorcycle and ride around without cutting through peoples' yards and I could pick any plot of land to make a track with a small folding shovel. Back when people considered Sugar Land was BFE. Back before First Colony Mall was built and signaled the beginning of over growth and the influx of wealth.

It was a small tight community....

Wow.. it seems like so long ago... Parents still live there. They say it is ok but they would like to move further out.

I wonder if the old abandoned church on Oil Field road is still there. We used to hang out there as teenagers getting into all sorts of trouble.

We moved out there (Well, technically Richmond. We live in Pecan Grove off the Grand Parkway) because it was in the middle of nowhere...

Most reactions

Back