we're out the 17th of june.....

ah, the halcyon days of summer, here i come! :p

unfortunately, we go back again aug 23 :puke-rig:

Osmer_Toby said:
24th of may???? damn! :thumbsup:

we're out the 17th of june.....

ah, the halcyon days of summer, here i come! :p

unfortunately, we go back again aug 23 :puke-rig:

Jesus man, do you get a month off at christmas or something?? How many school days do you have in a year? We've got 180. Wow, June 17. That's murder!!!

feels like it. we do 182 with the kids, plus 5 workdays. we got a week and a half for xmas last year, pluse three snow days to make up

the heat in the bldg in already unbearable- we have no ac :roll:

No a/c in the building? Jeez, how old is it? Crammed into classrooms...I imagine it gets a mite stuffy in there! :pale:

well that's the sad thing- the building is new, but town did not want to pay for the duct work. :x

WOW!!! You need to move to Indiana my friend! 180 kid days plus a few more for us. 2 weeks at christmas, and they usually try to build a few snow-day make-ups into the school year, so if we don't have snow days we get some fridays off in the springtime.

I think my district has a science position at the high school open for next year. ;-)

So what are you doing with your summer vacation? Do you guys work during that time off (from school) or actually get to enjoy it?

heheh- don't tempt me!

how's the pay there? we're starting teachers at about 34k- after 15 yrs or so you're in the 50k+ range, top salary 62k (higher w/ a phd)

if you come back and tell me you guys compare, i'm gonna send a resume! :wink:

Osmer_Toby said:
heheh- don't tempt me!

how's the pay there? we're starting teachers at about 34k- after 15 yrs or so you're in the 50k+ range, top salary 62k (higher w/ a phd)

if you come back and tell me you guys compare, i'm gonna send a resume! :wink:

That's pretty comparable. I'm at 6 yrs exp and base at around 35 or so, I think (hard to remember my base, as I'm pulling in some extra curriculars that throw my pay scale off a bit).

www.cpcsc.k12.in.us

;)

Not Neve said:
So what are you doing with your summer vacation? Do you guys work during that time off (from school) or actually get to enjoy it?

This summer I'm going to try to get away with doing some yard stuff (building a toolshed out back) and working a couple of photography gigs here and there to bring in some extra bucks. By next summer I'll be a dad, so I'll be the full-time babysitter/daycare guy. Mr. Mom, that'll be me. :-D

Shark said:
By next summer I'll be a dad, so I'll be the full-time babysitter/daycare guy. Mr. Mom, that'll be me. :-D

/hijack
Glad to hear the baby and mom are still doing fine! :thumbsup:

/byejack

Most reactions

Back