Hey Toby?

Osmer_Toby said:
So every letter is actualy another letter. You gota figure out if P is actualy an R and so forth?

you got it :thumbsup:
But it doesn't look like a consistant shift. If it were and P were R, it would be coded with Rot24 and uncoded with Rot2. D would be F, M would be O, etc. I tried all 25 shifts and got nothing intelligible.

markc said:
Osmer_Toby said:
So every letter is actualy another letter. You gota figure out if P is actualy an R and so forth?

you got it :thumbsup:
But it doesn't look like a consistant shift. If it were and P were R, it would be coded with Rot24 and uncoded with Rot2. D would be F, M would be O, etc. I tried all 25 shifts and got nothing intelligible.

That was just an example, also, it doesnt necessarily mean its a constant shift like that. Im thinkin theres no rhyme or reason for a letter being a certain letter.

graigdavis said:
Can you give me one letter?

don't you want to try it a little longer first? i think if i give you one, it will be too easy...

graigdavis said:
That was just an example, also, it doesnt necessarily mean its a constant shift like that. Im thinkin theres no rhyme or reason for a letter being a certain letter.
I know it's an example, but I tried all 25 shifts. If it's not a consistant shift, then it's not really a code. The letters are meaningless. You could just write "xxx xxxx xx xxxxx xx, xxxx xxxx!" and have a person guess it. Without consistencey, all you are doing is giving the number of letters in each word.

markc said:
graigdavis said:
I know it's an example, but I tried all 25 shifts. If it's not a consistant shift, then it's not really a code. The letters are meaningless. You could just write "xxx xxxx xx xxxxx xx, xxxx xxxx!" and have a person guess it. Without consistencey, all you are doing is giving the number of letters in each word.

Exactly. :D

if its gona make it easy then dont give it to me Toby

markc said:
graigdavis said:
I know it's an example, but I tried all 25 shifts. If it's not a consistant shift, then it's not really a code. The letters are meaningless.

each letter does represent an actual letter... and that representation is consistent.

i'll go back and check again to be sure i didn't screw it up like the last one, tho.... :Joker:

That was going to be my first suggestion!!! You DID throw in an extra "Y" on the last puzzle.....and I was blaming myself for being hopelessly stupid, when all the while..... :?

:wink:

graigdavis said:
manda said:
I cracked the code!!!

It reads: Graig, Tobes and Mark are total babes and should be spanked.

Hum. Ill go with her answer.
Me too! Especially if she does the spanking.
If it's Big Mike, I'm so outa here. Have you seen the arms on that guy?

Figure it out yet Mark? Im getting frustrated. theres really only 6 or 7 words that arent alike. Some of those have the same endings. Im guessing that its proper english.

graigdavis said:
Figure it out yet Mark? Im getting frustrated. theres really only 6 or 7 words that arent alike. Some of those have the same endings. Im guessing that its proper english.
I tried A as B, A as C, A as D, etc., all the way to A as Z. I didn't see anything that made sense to me. I suppose my code might have a bug, but it worked fine before.

Most reactions

Back